New

Hello there, recently - diagnosed adult of 40. Lives alone, & that's most definitely best. Hello to people who probably know me on here, & the majority who don't. If you'd like to converse, that'd be good, but not required! 

Parents Reply Children
  • yea i have a defect reported against the IM  messenager. It works for about 2- 4 messages then u can see nothing. Talk later.  

• Willing to talk on here as & when sir. I've given up on IM's.

• the instant messager started to go wrong Disappointed I'll send an email tomorrow there is an issue there

• it took 2 years before things started to change for me -- I couldnt really meditate well  it was Joko Beck who helped me to get it right . ( videos on Youtube as well ) As for the ASDA walk I need food. it is usually quite late so there are less ppl around & its a nice walk it overlooks a bay. Why cnt u leave the house ?. 

I also read Beginners Mind, Zen Mind by Shunryu Suzuki which set the scene ( tough going hard to understand in places  I have to reread it again ) and Beck helped push me over ( she writes for westerners and communicates so well )

• have you read anything by Charlotte Joko Beck ? she another one which really changed me  / helped me. 

• Wow, that's impressive. As I'm a "reader" & not a "do-er", I've read a few mindfulness / meditation books: Pema Condron, Thích Nhất Hạnh, a few books on zazen, & I did a Sam Harris mindfulness course, but I didn't continue with it after 50 hours.

I was waiting for something to happen, & I thought 50 consecutive days was enough. And I also admire you for going to ASDA. I can't always leave the house.

• i agree, Marcus aurelis should be on the school curriculum Slight smile

• yes , at moment  I practise sitting, mantra(10%), following breath(90%). +  3/4 times a week I also combine a walking meditation. and get food at ASDA and back. 

• I think it's fascinating, that someone who lived so long ago, still had the same "problems" & maybe, had a good way of dealing with them. I think that book should be compulsory reading. That's a good habit to have, maybe I'll dig my copy out from under all the other books!

Do you practice actual meditation? Thanks for replying. 

• really ! I had heard of him, then about 3 weeks ago I was walking past the salvation army shop and it had  "books for free" so I asked for "Meditations" sitting in the window and when I read it, it correlated with alot of other stuff I was reading ( buddhist stuff ). I couldn't believe that such differing sources pointed to the same solutions. I read meditations everyday just one paragraph.