New here - very certain I am autistic

Hi, I'm Kodey. I am a 23yr old from South England.

I have signed up here as I am fairly certain I am autistic and I am looking for some support with it. I have done a lot of reading on autism and other things that may present similarly so I am fairly certain that I am autistic. At the moment though, I don't see enough advantages to a diagnosis to weigh out the disadvantages I see with it. 

I have been struggling a lot recently with work due to stress and anxiety. No-one there knows the issues I am facing and so I mask all day. 

Parents
  • Hi Kodey 

I feel like I’m in a similar situation. Although I’ve made it to 40 now without diagnosis I’ve always been certain that I have ASD. My mum also agrees and says it wasn’t a common thing to do back then unless you presented extremely high functioning issues.  

I’m lucky that I work in a small group of people that have gotten to know me and my ways and except me.  Though this took until I was 35. I like you always struggled with stress and anxiety at work. I don’t know your work situation but I know I feel much better being myself at work now I’m more open to my team. 

I have always been afraid to go to GP, I don’t think I really know why. 

Fraiselongue, what is the adult assessment process like? I know with my son they observed in school and home, spoke to teachers and family. But what if your an adult?

• they used ADOS 4 on me and others I know ---If u want a true diagnosis, do not look it up. Its human observation as you do tasks nothing to worry about.

Reply Children
No Data