Lost generation woman

Hi! I’m over 60 and recently diagnosed ASD. I’ve spent an awful life of being misdiagnosed and even incarcerated, due to the psychiatric services in the second half of the 20th Century having rigid ideas about what mental illness is. Or what it isn’t. Now they can’t get their heads around ASD, and PTSD caused largely by their mistreatment, actually causes depression. They don’t even understand ‘are you hearing voices?’ leads the the logical conclusion ‘Yes. Yours!’ I see the funny side now. Over 45 years too late. I am a whole person, with positive as well as negative attributes. Psychiatrists really do seem incapable of seeing anything other than negatives in patients, in my experience. I think things are improving for the young generation. How many other lost people like me were there? How many are still out there? How do we learn at such a late stage to help ourselves be the best version of ourselves we can be? I am a successful, musical, empathetic person. I am at last finding my wings, like a teenager in a body falling apart!!!! I would love to support other people. And I think it’s so important to each be ourselves. The kids at school these days think they are being so individual ..... yet they all want the same phone/trainers etc. I do believe people should learn to be more tolerant of differences. But what do I know? I’m a 17 year old trapped in a sixty plus year body.

Parents
  • Hi I am so glad I read this today....Diagnosed aged 45 after a lifetime of feeling isolated and scared....Came from an abusive family and now have Ptsd also.....I struggle with Agoraphobia/Panic attacks Social anxiety and ended up in hospital 2  weeks before I was diagnosed with the Psychiatrist laughing at me for even suggesting I may be Autistic....The part were you said u feel like a 17yr old trapped in a sixty year plus body really resonates with me.....I even still dress like a teenager lol....so I still don't ever fit in with my peers and probably never will.....I feel lost...I am trying to know thyself as they say but finding it so difficult...I feel like I don't exist if that makes sense....

• Hi I am so glad I read this today....Diagnosed aged 45 after a lifetime of feeling isolated and scared....Came from an abusive family and now have Ptsd also.....I struggle with Agoraphobia/Panic attacks Social anxiety and ended up in hospital 2  weeks before I was diagnosed with the Psychiatrist laughing at me for even suggesting I may be Autistic....The part were you said u feel like a 17yr old trapped in a sixty year plus body really resonates with me.....I even still dress like a teenager lol....so I still don't ever fit in with my peers and probably never will.....I feel lost...I am trying to know thyself as they say but finding it so difficult...I feel like I don't exist if that makes sense....

Children
  • Hi NAS24938. Good to hear from you. BlueRay is very wise and encouraging. I’d just like to say Hi! Neither of us is alone in our experiences. PTSD is caused by abuse, being bullied etc quite  often. Life has been painful for you, but it’s looking like it will get better. I hope that for both of us, and anyone else on this rollercoaster ride of life. I prefer slow boat rides anyway. Calm, peaceful and scenic. I’m at present working out who I really am and what I want to do, instead of doing stuff to please others. Otherwise I will cease to exist myself .... again. I’m trying to decide on a name for myself in this community. And, yes, I dress a bit young too!

• It’s not easy NAS24838 but it is soooooooooooo worth it, to get to know thyself.

You’ve made the intention therefore it will happen and when it does you will experience heaven on earth and all that that entails, meaning, life will then be exactly as you want it to be. Good luck my friend.

And yes, that makes perfect sense ~ I feel like I don’t exist ~ because in truth, we don’t, until we get to know ourselves and the first step is to intend that this is what we’re going to do.

It can be a crazy roller coaster of a journey but when you get there, you realise that it was all worth it. 

You guys are all older than me! I’m only 13 and a boy in a female body!!! Lol! But I’ve unleashed the boy and we’re happy together Blush haha, I’ve just realised, maybe that’s why I don’t need anybody else in my life, I’m already both girl and boy and we seem to make the perfect match!