Is everyone going mad including me?

Is it just me or are we all going collectively insane or something? Is this the spiritual awakening of humanity or something like that? I feel like it’s all a bit mad. I mean they’re talking about the temperature getting to 50*C here in the UK. Then I was walking down the street and I seen a guy drinking a beer behind the wheel of his car. I have never seen anything like this before in my life. I was on the bus and a guy just straight up sparked up a joint on the bus and smoked the whole thing and nobody said anything. I honestly didn’t really care either I don’t think anybody else did either I have my own crazy stuff going on to be bothered caring about it. Then it’s like everyday some new unbelievable thing is happening on the news. Nothing would surprise me anymore. I know absolutely nothing anymore. Does anyone else feel like we’re all in a mad world that just keeps getting madder by the second? Then it’s like the music these days is completely mad in a good way I dunno what it is but I listen to uptempo hardstyle techno music and it just blows me out of the water to be honest. I see the strangest things in this world I really do. I don’t have any concept of what normal is anymore. Is this real? It sure feels like a dream I am in. 

• It's been like that for a while now. You're just now noticing. I'm from the UK too.

• not mad.... more like that film idiocracy.... everyones going stupid, society is going daft, the news posts stupid things and people believ it, where once doomsday cults were eye rolled and ignored at now everyone believes them as if society has turned more gulible and stupid than ever before.

• I mix with very few people IRL.That's because I seldom go out.I don't go out on my own. Haven't done for around 4 years. The plan was to take me out when the weather improved. I woke up this morning, and felt cold. That's how much the weather hasn't improved.

The World to me is primarily what I read about on X, and to a lesser degree FB. I think there are a lot more extremists on either side of the political fence now. Also a lot more people that come across as antiscience. Based on the very limited amount of people I mix with IRL,there's no indication that the World is becoming a huge, open, lunatic asylum. I'm not as well placed to judge such matters as the rest of you though. My sample size IRL is very much smaller, and therefore less reliable, when it comes to answering this question.

• Pluto has entered Aquarius. This happens every 240 years or so. look in history and you will find when ever pluto enters Aquarius it's interesting times with heads of state rolling. kings telling the pope where to get off the bus, Bloody Mary style slaughters, Wars of roses sort of things, plagues, revolution, new forms of governance, everyone wanting to be the boss of themselves, basically. Hold on to your hats - the age of the the underdog, the rebel is underway!

••Note this, now, is NOT the dawn of the 'age' of Aquarius, just Pluto rearranging the world's political, psychic and physical furniture, as it is wont when it is in the house of Aquarius - for about 25 years or so.

Age of Aquarius dawns in around year 2700ad. We are at the threshold but still very much in the age of Pisces. We are getting some previews, though.

buckle up things are going to get... "interesting". Think The first Paris Commune, and then the second. Letting them eat cake and all that.

• Sure. 

life is a mystery-redhead uptempo

Senøv-hardcøre vibes uptempo

Barber ft. Mc Raise- bricks

Will spark- ah yeh so what (human force raw tempo edit)

You like 2 move it?-ixper

there’s some good uptempo songs for you to listen to. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

• Kind of depressing when you look at it.

Understatement of the Milennium!

• We are knowingly trashing the only environment we have. For what?

The answer seems to be "because we can".

The balance will be restored eventually,  one way or another. 

Or we make it so bad we have to eventually head off planet and find somewhere else to do the same to if we don't learn from our mistakes. This way only the rich and powerful can go (as they can afford to pay Elon) and they get to keep their mindset, all their power and begin afresh to repeat history.

There have been so many sci-fi books written on the subject that the options are fairly obvious and our global lack of responsibility is just not happening. We are the cancer that is destroying the planet and having a few good cells won't matter when there are billions of bad ones more than outweighing what we can do.

Kind of depressing when you look at it.

• Madness is subjective.

Having said that, what I do feel, is this collective sense that everyone seems to know the world is mad and readily accepts it. Black Mirror. I am of course talking from a particular viewpoint of a particular demographic of the one I am in. Others around the world may disagree.

We are knowingly trashing the only environment we have. For what? What other animals take more than they need?  We are being screamed at by external forces that the balance is off. The balance will be restored eventually,  one way or another. 

• We were primed for Pole, as kids, then retired at the Parade Lap; aged 21.

• Does anyone else feel like we’re all in a mad world that just keeps getting madder by the second?

Yes.  I do.....sort of.....but it seems to me that it is every individual human being that is becoming increasingly "unbalanced"......and that collectively, this gives us the impression that the world mad.....but I fear we are all are individually to blame, and should perhaps view it that way?

Everywhere I look, people seem to be behaving bat-sheet-crazy?!

The question this poses, is "what is driving us all mad?!"  The internet?  Social media?  The pace of life?  The overwhelm of information? False advertising?  An innate appreciation/fear/realisation that our civilisation is "popping".....or should that be "pooping"?

Perhaps this is all just a bit too philosophical, for a Thursday evening?!  Almost certainly a bit doom-laden!!.....I'll find myself something more constructive to think about before bedtime.

Nite all.

• Is it just me or are we all going collectively insane or something?

You are probably just getting old.

I recall going through a phase like this in my 30s when it seemed all the social norms I grew up with were becoming so uncommon that the world was falling apart.

A few decades on I now see it through different eyes - it seems like entropy is leading to a bigger cultural mix with less unique diversity, just a bigger and bigger mix of everything and the norms of society are moving ever faster with the hyperconnectivity influencing us more and more.

Look at the rule of law - it is more and more restrictive yet more and more laws are broken all the time and the punishments are few and far between except where politically expedient or socially demanded.

People change their habits, behaviours, fashions and tastes so fast due to the influences in social media that they are almost in a state of constant flux.

I do suspect it is all leading to a reset of some nature, most likely through a nearextinction level event like a nuclear war, solar flare event to wipe out electronics on the planet, pandemic or similar. It is just a feeling and of course in the absence of these then the move towards chaos is only going to accellerate.

• Rising global temperatures are certainly something to be concerned about.

As for the other stuff. Drinking and driving has always been common.  I expect many of the individuals who engage in this sort of thing are a bit quieter about it than the person you noticed.

Weed is legal in a few countries and US states now.  It's always been used openly in certain places/venues in the uk also.  Probably not usually on a bus though.

The news has always had horrific things in it and the news always highlights the bad things going on, rather than the good.

Can you line us up some of this techno to listen to as it sounds good?

• Hello

Your going mad like me as well....

Electric cars trying to knock me over 

Car drivers don't stop at the zebra crossing by driving too fast. My road has got two 

blind corners. Everyday travel announcements is motorway is closed for crashes. 

Walking dogs in the morning, on there phone or off lead/out of control. I get nervous. 

People texting while walking 

Trains cancelled, people not cotton on and wait ages for the bus. 

Queuing is the worst as people buying half a supermarket of stuff. Only wanted to buy one item. 

I could go on forever. 

• Yeh good one haha I don’t watch TV but get what ya mean. TV will give you depression for sure. I mean have you watched some of the programmes on BBC? lol 

• Turn off the TV, Mate!

That's what I did. Slight smile