Personal Independence Payment (PIP) query

Hello, have any people here applied for the Personal Independence Payment and been successful? I have a telephone appointment on Monday and I know it will be a hard interview, uncomfortable in places. I know not everyone is awarded it. I feel like I am overthinking it and stressing myself out. My ASD mentor said I have a good case to support my application but I know others who haven't been successful first time and have had to appeal the original decision. Any thoughts/advice welcome. 

Thank you

Parents
  • the very fact they are doing a phone interview means you will score zero points for communication, comprehension  etc

I do not believe this. The assessor is looking at whether you can do this activity reliably, safely and repeatedly. Being able to be interviewed on the phone as a one-off for a very limited time does not demonstrate this. For example, a uni student may have evidence that they can't take part in oral assessments as due to anxiety they find processing spontaneous verbal communication incredibly distressing. Another person might have evidence of suicide attempts that have been caused by the psychological distress of mixing with others.

• the very fact they are doing a phone interview means you will score zero points for communication, comprehension  etc

I do not believe this. The assessor is looking at whether you can do this activity reliably, safely and repeatedly. Being able to be interviewed on the phone as a one-off for a very limited time does not demonstrate this. For example, a uni student may have evidence that they can't take part in oral assessments as due to anxiety they find processing spontaneous verbal communication incredibly distressing. Another person might have evidence of suicide attempts that have been caused by the psychological distress of mixing with others.

Children
No Data