Are autistic people included in the increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (COVID-19) category

Please can you advise if autism, depression, anxiety, OCD, fibromyalgia and epilepsy is under the category of severe underlying health issues. I am an autistic adult with a learning disability fibromyalgia as well as depression, anxiety, OCD,  and epilepsy. I also live on my own.

Parents Reply Children
  • China is trade deals and money.  its the only reason I can think of.  but yes, they should have completed locked off this country 4 weeks ago.  Anyone with it should have gone to Diego Garcia in the indian Ocean and been quarantined there for 4 weeks.  Anyone coming in from italy, Iran or China should have been quaramtined as wel the second they arrived, no ifs and buts.  By not doing so we are now in this mess.

Too little, too late.  God have mercy on us.

• Why couldn't they close the airports to flights from Italy, China and Iran?

They are the three worst-affected nations.

However, medics from Russia and Cuba are helping Italy. Thumbsup

• Yeah just learned that is the case.  Game over man.

• I dont think you have a choice now, the country is on lockdown.

BREAK: PM announces a full UK lockdown to tackle #COVID19 You can only leave to: * Travel to work but only if necessary * Providing care or going to a medical appointment * Shopping for basic necessities * Exercising once a day Police will have powers to enforce rules

• I have one of these.  Got it from Toolstation with different cartridges for spray painting last year. Put the P£R carts back in and you have something thats N100 rated, perfect for our current problem if you are susceptible.  That Polish mask would be cool too, with the right cartridges, but be aware that cartridges have a life and breakthrough time on them so you would need a few.  Probably not so much a problem in this context, but when dealing with Nuclear, Chem or Radiological it will be an issue.

Just remember, nothing is a given in this outbreak.  Wearing a maask cuts down on possibilities, it doesnt erase them completely.  if you want that you need a bubble suit and internal air supply.  All this does is give you a slightly better chance of not getting it.  I am totally undure of whether to go out now or just lock down until I 100% have no choice but to go out and get supplies.