Are autistic people included in the increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (COVID-19) category

Please can you advise if autism, depression, anxiety, OCD, fibromyalgia and epilepsy is under the category of severe underlying health issues. I am an autistic adult with a learning disability fibromyalgia as well as depression, anxiety, OCD,  and epilepsy. I also live on my own.

• Autism and disability in general is always overlooked. If its convienient for people not to deal with it, they won't.

• No. I spoke to my GP about this because I'm ASD, physically disabled and would usually get an asda monthly delivery to help with shopping. I explained this to them and they gave me information about the royal voluntary society but said I don't qualify for the list. People on the list get prioritised for delivery slots. I phoned and asked them again - does chronic pain reduce the immune system. They said no.

From what I've learned and been told stress in general affects the immune system. So anyone with a disability chronic pain will have a reduced immune system more so than those without and should be shielding. Gov and supermarkets have forgotton all about the disabled in general. Spoke to Scope disability charity after speaking to my GP and they said the majority of people calling them now have the same issue.

• I have asked on Twitter (no luck) and emailed Number 6 who are an Autism group where I live about it. I can't cope with the shops and rely on deliveries. Also have a major depressive disorder,  PTSD and various physical issues. 

In the DWPs eyes I am classes as disabled and do get PIP but no actual information at times like these. Heaven knows if this golden ticket would arrive or not. 

• And healthy younger people also. Smokers and vapers also need to be careful. 2 young nurses died recently in the uk the virus doesnt seem to be picky. 

• Masks are useful, if you are vulnerable but have to shop.  but the filters have a breakthrough point.  6 hours is what ive read, but that was against chemicals.  Im afraid no one will find masks anywhere now.  Those like me that had respirators for spray painting or welding will more than likely have some p3r or p2r cartridges somewhere, they may even have come with the mask.  Its not a 100% stop, but its better than nothing. Thrown in google too as viruses can transfer through the eyes. 

Gloves are your main barrier and carry a sprayer, like you get dettox in, filled with a bleach/water mix.  Spray down your packaged food items with it prior to taking them into your car or house, dont bag them in the shop, just leave them in the trolley and bag them after spraying them down.  We had a shopping drop from a family friend the other day and I asked my mother to glove up and spray it all down before putting it away.  They are in the vulnerable group, ie, over 70s, but im in the extremely vulnerable group due to asthma.  My parents have decided to self isolate with me for the 3 months or so that we need to.  but if any of the people shopping for us go down with Covid, I will have to shop. 

We cant get home deliveries since all supermarkets have stopped taking on new customers.  Amazon has such a limited choice, although they do sell Whisky, which i will be grabbing at some point.  Need somewhere that sells beer in bulk and does deliveries.  That would make life bearable.  I may be able to use click+collect, but it means going out which im not supposed to do.  i hate to rely on others.

• Yes epilepsy makes you more vulnerable to possible severe complications from the virus. 

There is a lot of confusion going around about the vulnerable lists...

there is more than one. There seems to be a tier system going on. 

Those severely vulnerable who are told not To leave the house at all, even for a walk on their own are people with things like cancer, organ failure, organ transplant patients, some respiratory illness, anyone on meds that suppress the immune system.

Those on the vulnerable but less severely so than those mentioned above are over 70’s, people with neurological conditions such as epilepsy, people who qualify for free flu jabs yearly, heart disease/conditions depending on severity of heart condition. Chronic illnesses If you’re in this category you should be More strict with social distancing, ideally someone else should do your shopping for you. You can still go out for a walk and fresh air as long as you do this on your own, and if other people are about, stay at least 2 meters away from them. 

Wearing masks (for the general public out in general public areas)  when you leave the house is not advised by reputable doctors, unless you are already infected. In which case you shouldn’t be going out anyway..... Masks will be used when\if you go to doctors for something that couldn’t be done remotely. But I guess the idea is you’ll throw that away after use and so will the doctor so any germs on the front off the mask will be actively thrown away.

• 61 and bronchial asthma due to allergies. I haven't been roaming massively recently, doing a lot more work on Skype, still got one or two coming in person, which may be risky. Learning to pay lot more attention to washing hands, trying not to touch things when out. I can now see the evolutionary value of OCD but OCD has never actually been among the things I have been blessed or cursed with. 

It has actually given me the time I was crying out for to make revisions on a set of cards I had designed many moons ago. Intensive Photoshop until the small hours of the morning. I can even redraw faces! All with a mouse and not with my dominant hand. This time last year to be able to work like that would have been impossible to to dayjob commitments 

• China is trade deals and money.  its the only reason I can think of.  but yes, they should have completed locked off this country 4 weeks ago.  Anyone with it should have gone to Diego Garcia in the indian Ocean and been quarantined there for 4 weeks.  Anyone coming in from italy, Iran or China should have been quaramtined as wel the second they arrived, no ifs and buts.  By not doing so we are now in this mess.

Too little, too late.  God have mercy on us.

• Why couldn't they close the airports to flights from Italy, China and Iran?

They are the three worst-affected nations.

However, medics from Russia and Cuba are helping Italy. Thumbsup

• Yeah just learned that is the case.  Game over man.

• I dont think you have a choice now, the country is on lockdown.

BREAK: PM announces a full UK lockdown to tackle #COVID19 You can only leave to: * Travel to work but only if necessary * Providing care or going to a medical appointment * Shopping for basic necessities * Exercising once a day Police will have powers to enforce rules

• I have one of these.  Got it from Toolstation with different cartridges for spray painting last year. Put the P£R carts back in and you have something thats N100 rated, perfect for our current problem if you are susceptible.  That Polish mask would be cool too, with the right cartridges, but be aware that cartridges have a life and breakthrough time on them so you would need a few.  Probably not so much a problem in this context, but when dealing with Nuclear, Chem or Radiological it will be an issue.

Just remember, nothing is a given in this outbreak.  Wearing a maask cuts down on possibilities, it doesnt erase them completely.  if you want that you need a bubble suit and internal air supply.  All this does is give you a slightly better chance of not getting it.  I am totally undure of whether to go out now or just lock down until I 100% have no choice but to go out and get supplies.

• When you venture out dressed like that...People will think its the 90s and rave scene all over again!   just take a whistle...

• The data is here https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/
    It seems that after 49 the chances of death increase exceptionally every decade.

• I got a text saying "You have been identified as being extremely vulnerable".  I was seriously like WTF, followed by and?  But my mother who is 70+ and has asthma hasnt received one or a letter.  its not really anything new to me.  but it says dont go out and I have things I have to do every week that require me to do exactly that.  I will probably only be able to do them this week, then it will be game over.

At the time I received it I felt like replying and saying I am using Level 3 Biohazard Protocols when I go out, but actually need to still go out, not least for shopping.  Wearing a proper respirator with P3R cartridges gives me the N100 equivalent protection against airborne particulates.  Wearing goggles protects my eyes, wearing gloves protects my hands and wearing a jump suit gives me some protection bodily to airborne particulates.

Maybe im delusional, but I could really do with going shopping once more before we fully isolate.  i am still missing a bunch of things from my stockpile, including marmite and crumpets.  Also I have a very restrictive diet due to allergies.  i literally have to check every item for the 200+ ingredients im severely allergic to.  its not something I can leave to someone else as the anaphylaxis is capable of killing me much quicker than covid and for some reason all stocks of autoinjectors have bottomed out.  Might be able to get some jext this week but will see..

Anyway im a bit Grrrrrrrr, at this time due to it.

• Wait to see if you get a formal letter from the NHS informing you of your status, first letters should be arriving tomorrow, Tuesday, or it could be by text message.

I'm not sure about myself, I am entitled to free flu jabs and I suffered severe heart failure a few years ago.

• The virus is one that effects the respiratory system, so anyone with asthma or has a compromised immune system are more at risk as well as people over 49, Though the virus can still be deadly to younger folks who have underlying serious medical conditions.