* this thread needs YOU ! *, Which car/motorbike/tractor/drone/plane/skateboard/surfboard/boat/train is the coolest ever

I used fast cars, motorcycles, drinking beer, fighting, chasing women, and having bad relationships to try to fit into society but the real issue was I was on the spectrum.

It took me a long  time to work out what the real issue was. Have you had a similar experience ?

did you up the adrenalin in your life to try and fit in ? like climbing ice mountains at night with a torch on your head !

did you drink far too much to overcome your lacking social skills ? Funny stories are most welcome as well of course we do need a laugh.

Have you made a complete tit of yourself ? lets us know please.

Did you join the army or the navy by mistake ?  lets us know please. 

does driving cars and/or motorcycles help calm your autism related anxiety or make it worse (eg road rage) ? lets us know

did autism cause you to be so aggressive you got arrested a lot,,,, how did you deal with it, how did your parents deal with it ?

telling jokes about your autism and autistic mistakes is most welcome

Parents
  • Another digression, やれやれ...

I am a RollerSkater Myself, or am trying to be. Social constraints and all. I prefer All-Terrain Boards, rather than Skateboards. Skateboarders, I see them trundling down a road, thinking that they are really fast and silent, but they are the opposite. But please do not tell anyone else that I said that. (!) 

(Puts nose up in a haughty manner, and says "pfui!" yet again.)

See the next reply, though...

• I am a RollerSkater Myself, or am trying to be. Social constraints and all.

Yay ~ another rollerskater! I have not though myself roller skated since my first nine years in the seventies, but I did spend a few months in the nineties doing in-line street skating one summer with a pair of roller blades that got loaned to me while the owner arranged to find a buyer for them.     

I prefer All-Terrain Boards, rather than Skateboards.

We used to meet up and do an all terrain boarding and skateboarding sessions down a particular hill for a number of summers when it had been seriously hard bake dry for long enough, and muck around on each others boards doing speed and ramp runs and all that. Quite a lot of them were snowboarders in the winter and a few of our lot became snowboarders too ~ what with the bones losing their flex with age, as snow can be a little bit more forgiving than merciless concrete when slamming.

Skateboarders, I see them trundling down a road, thinking that they are really fast and silent, but they are the opposite. But please do not tell anyone else that I said that. (!) 

Maybe perhaps you have not seen or heard the speed-freak / long-board / cruiser divisions of skateboarders that use large diameter (up to 107mm) soft durometer (from 74a) polyurethane wheels ~ rather than the small bone shaker hard noise maker jobs of the 50mm and 100a variety, which although might be intensely stimulating and seem fast for the riders ~ one of the large and smooth roller types from the UK set the world record at 91.17 mph in Quebec, Canada, on the 26th of September, 2017:

Downhill Skateboard World Speed Record ~ 91.17 mph / 146.73 kph ~ by Pete Connolly

And to watch here is cruise down a mountain road for anybody who used to do such things and or likes a bit of vicarious fast paced adventuring perhaps:

• (...This reply is dated 22 Days ago as I reply, and VoteUp now! This Thread is bigger than My Old Device can handle. A lot of images here for me are just little icons. I say Thanks Very Much anyway!)

Reply Children
No Data