* this thread needs YOU ! *, Which car/motorbike/tractor/drone/plane/skateboard/surfboard/boat/train is the coolest ever

I used fast cars, motorcycles, drinking beer, fighting, chasing women, and having bad relationships to try to fit into society but the real issue was I was on the spectrum.

It took me a long  time to work out what the real issue was. Have you had a similar experience ?

did you up the adrenalin in your life to try and fit in ? like climbing ice mountains at night with a torch on your head !

did you drink far too much to overcome your lacking social skills ? Funny stories are most welcome as well of course we do need a laugh.

Have you made a complete tit of yourself ? lets us know please.

Did you join the army or the navy by mistake ?  lets us know please. 

does driving cars and/or motorcycles help calm your autism related anxiety or make it worse (eg road rage) ? lets us know

did autism cause you to be so aggressive you got arrested a lot,,,, how did you deal with it, how did your parents deal with it ?

telling jokes about your autism and autistic mistakes is most welcome

Parents Reply Children

• what no skateboarders ?

Retired now mostly but here is my equipment manifest over the years ~ but not in the following colors other than the Duane Peters deck.

My first full spec deck was a Santa Cruz Jeff Kendal with eventually Tracker 6 Track Ultralight trucks and Santa Cruz (factory seconds) Hosoi Rocket wheels (61mm and 97a):

My second deck was the Snata Cruz Corey O'Brian, with Independent trucks (as I ground the Tracker magnesiums to and through the the axle within a few months:

Third deck was a Vision Johnny Kop with indies and (factory seconds) TtrackerOllies (64mm 97a):

Fourth Chris Robinson LSD deck with Gordon and Smith 4130 trucks (with the hanger cylinder containing the axle snapping off regularly when hard skating ~ thankfully I was sponsored and had my Indies spare anyway):

Fifth a Black Label John Lucero Deck ~ with Indy trucks and factory second Tracker Ollie wheels (64mm and 97a):

Sixth then loads of cheap blanks and second hand pro model donations ~ with Indies and factory second wheels (64mm 97a):

Then after years of narrow gauge easy snap decks came again big long lasting boards such as like the Duane Peters:

Then finally another Black Label John Lucero deck, with indies and factory second wheels (64mm and 97a) or Zorlac Zombu wheels (65mm and 98a) :

Which in the last case of deck, truck, mountings, wheels and bearing I still have.

I retired from street skating ~ in the sense of handrails, steps, banks, walls, gaps and all that in the late nineties and stuck to midi ramps what with curved wooden transitions being way more forgiving than flat merciless concrete, and I retired from ramp skating around about 2010 I think, along with downhill and free-ride mountain-biking.

One of my favorite front-side airs was though a 'Madonna~Lein-To-Tail' where after the leg extension down whilst going up ~ the leg is then brought back to the nose coming back down, and the tail is then slapped well hard and loud (as a crowd-pleaser) on the coping on the way back into the transition ~ rather than landing on the tail less loudly and then going in:

And one of my favorite backside airs was a 'Tuck-Knee-Method' (as in the first image) where the board is pulled back and tucked in rather than a standard 'Method (as in the second image) with the board extended out:

My most favorite grind was the 'Smith' grind backside (first image) and frontside (second image):

My next most favorite grind was a 'Feeble' grind frontside (first image) and backside (second image):

So a few of my favorite things as a skateboarder.

• Another digression, やれやれ...

I am a RollerSkater Myself, or am trying to be. Social constraints and all. I prefer All-Terrain Boards, rather than Skateboards. Skateboarders, I see them trundling down a road, thinking that they are really fast and silent, but they are the opposite. But please do not tell anyone else that I said that. (!) 

(Puts nose up in a haughty manner, and says "pfui!" yet again.)

See the next reply, though...