Does anyone else worry and get pains?

Hi,

I'm a really big worrier. Worrying is a huge part of my Autism, its caused me so much grief, especially as I've got older. I'm now 21 and it's like I've had a lifetime of worrying. In the last three years alone...

My dad was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, which looks like it's getting worse.

My mum was diagnosed with a brain tumour, we later found out it was benign.

We were involved in a car crash.

My brother had a blood clot on his lung, he is now better.

My gran passed away.

And I keep fluctuating between different states. Some days I'm happy and other days I'm really depressed and sad, and I'm unable to talk to my family about it because I don't like worrying them. I find it relaxing and soothing talking here, and also listening to music and watching Disney movies.

I just worry all the time, I can even wake up in the middle of the night worrying. And I also get stomach pains, chest pains and headaches. The pain varies between a 5 and a 7 but very rarely any higher than that. I always thought I was seriously ill but this year we took me to the doctors and they did a blood test, which resulted in me passing out outside of the doctor's and being found by a woman and her daughter - very embarrassing! Luckily it turned out that nothing was wrong with me, but the pains I get are still very uncomfortable and I don't even know what they are.

Does anybody else here worry and get pains? If you've got any good coping methods I'd love to here them.

Parents
  • I used to go running on a treadmill to beat the vaguer ever-present pains. But because I can't dose myself or feel I'm overdoing it, I literally ran into injuries.

But for me physical activities calm both the pain and the mind. If I don't go for walks at a decent pace to wear myself out, everything hurts.

I know you have physical issues but try walking every day to see what it does. Ignore the start-up pain and tiredness. It helps me anyway.

• I live in the countryside and try to take walks every day, it's getting colder now so I don't go out every day but I try to. I'm hoping it will help me too, I get a lot of pains and these generally put me off in case I have a heart attack but I've had them so long now I really think it is all just worry, anxiety and ASD.

• I live in a village with about 2000 people which lies at the edge of an island. I've got two dogs and go out for walks every day. Rain or shine, whatever the weather conditions.

Walking will most probably not give you a heart attack unless you've got a heart condition. If anything it will makenyou stronger.

I find by staying inside the vague pains only get worse Neutral face

• I live in a village with about 2000 people which lies at the edge of an island. I've got two dogs and go out for walks every day. Rain or shine, whatever the weather conditions.

Walking will most probably not give you a heart attack unless you've got a heart condition. If anything it will makenyou stronger.

I find by staying inside the vague pains only get worse Neutral face

Children
  • Get a dog! Then you have to and it's great for walks! And perfect for companionship too.

• Then I need to start walking as soon as! Slight smile We live in a beautiful area, lots of woods around us and cattle in the fields. If I can, when I go for my walk tomorrow I'll try and take some pictures for you.

I also find that staying indoors not only makes my pains worse but also makes me feel negative I think. I think staying inside too much makes me more depressed because I'm isolated from outside.