Do non Autistics intuitively "know" how to act and communicate?

I read on this website that "Other people appear to know, intuitively, how to communicate and interact with each other, but Autistics do not", but believe this statement to be completely untrue in so many ways.

I do not believe that there is any one way to interact and communicate and nor do i believe anyone, even non autistic could possibly be thought of as someone that "knows" how to act and communicate in every given situation.

I believe making wrong statements like this just causes confusion.

Would do you think?

Do you think there are people out there that just intuitively "know" how to act and communicate? In that case, what happens when they come across someone that has more experience and is more intelligent than them?

Parents
  • This whole thread is getting out of hand.  It is especially wrong for someone to question someone else's 'authenticity' as an autistic person.  We autistics have to put up with enough bullying as it is.

• Ok, i accept you are Autistic.

It is not what aye or anyone else thinks or say's. it is what you say you are that counts.

If you accept you are Autistic, and believe you are Autistic, and do not argue back with a professor that tells you you are Autistic and question his valuation, and give him reasons why you believe he is wrong, then you must be Autistic.

I apologise though... I do not mean to bully you and i accept then you must be autistic

• I know I am autistic because of life-long problems - often leading me to the brink of suicide - that haven't been and cannot be explained in any other way.  My diagnosis actually made me want to live my life and be happy with it for the first time since I was 6 years old. 

It's not just what I say that counts.  It's what properly trained and understanding professionals say, too. 

What is your agenda?  You seem to be committed to telling us that we're all deluded.  You are clearly not autistic yourself.  Otherwise, you would not do such a thing.

• Let him stay under the bridge. Good that you aren't taking it seriously. He hasn't been taking anyone here seriously. Laugh at him, laugh hard. That's the upside of these types of visitors, we don't have to take them seriously!

• No.  But I've had a couple of beers, so I'm getting in the ring.  I realise he's someone who lives under a bridge.  Don't worry.  I'm not taking it seriously.  I quite enjoy f***ing with these people.

• Tom, really, *** this guy. You are taking the bait. Do you really care about his opinion so much.

• Thank you to all of those here that tried to be so understanding, by that I mean all of you that tried to answer and were met with dismissive comments and even told you are wrong or misguided.

The OP was determined to ignore our comments, only he can know why he came here, I tried to ask why he wanted answers, he replied to everyone but me?

maybe he saw me as some kind of threat? No idea .

I have replied to the OP several times but still I receive no reply.

To everyone Thank you for remaining polite in al of this, 

myself I tend to get rather hot under the collar about anyone who tries to dismiss people, tell them they are wrong or deluded. Basically I don’t like bullies or wind up merchants. 

The OP had an agenda as can clearly be seen by every one  of his replies. He came here to argue and inforce his point on us, he was rude and dismissive, he as a being is not nice, I have no idea as to what label could be attached to him. Maybe TAXI driver, the font of all knowledge ?

At least it can be said many tried to explain, no one was rude even when we had good reason to be.

I work with people just like him on a daily basis, they don’t try to be like that, they just are and see no problem with it, I was told to work here you need a thick skin and the ability to fight back, Well thirty plus years has taught me to interact on their level when I need to. No I am not proud of that, I hate it, I shut out the bitching and the many wind ups, the two against One scenarios that happen almost daily. I have learnt to exist in that environment, it has taken its toll on me. 

Thank you all for being you.

your all amazing wonderful people in my eyes.

• I f a professor tells you that you have cancer... are you going to argue that it's just a fatty lump?

Reply Children