Do non Autistics intuitively "know" how to act and communicate?

I read on this website that "Other people appear to know, intuitively, how to communicate and interact with each other, but Autistics do not", but believe this statement to be completely untrue in so many ways.

I do not believe that there is any one way to interact and communicate and nor do i believe anyone, even non autistic could possibly be thought of as someone that "knows" how to act and communicate in every given situation.

I believe making wrong statements like this just causes confusion.

Would do you think?

Do you think there are people out there that just intuitively "know" how to act and communicate? In that case, what happens when they come across someone that has more experience and is more intelligent than them?

Parents
  • This whole thread is getting out of hand.  It is especially wrong for someone to question someone else's 'authenticity' as an autistic person.  We autistics have to put up with enough bullying as it is.

• Ok, i accept you are Autistic.

It is not what aye or anyone else thinks or say's. it is what you say you are that counts.

If you accept you are Autistic, and believe you are Autistic, and do not argue back with a professor that tells you you are Autistic and question his valuation, and give him reasons why you believe he is wrong, then you must be Autistic.

I apologise though... I do not mean to bully you and i accept then you must be autistic

• I know I am autistic because of life-long problems - often leading me to the brink of suicide - that haven't been and cannot be explained in any other way.  My diagnosis actually made me want to live my life and be happy with it for the first time since I was 6 years old. 

It's not just what I say that counts.  It's what properly trained and understanding professionals say, too. 

What is your agenda?  You seem to be committed to telling us that we're all deluded.  You are clearly not autistic yourself.  Otherwise, you would not do such a thing.

Reply Children
No Data