Self harm

I've attempted suicide many times but I don't do that anymore. I just self harm now. [content removed by Moderator due to breaches of rule 4 of the online community rules and guidelines] but I will not kill myself, or attempt to again, because I know two women whose relatives killed themselves and apparently it traumatised them. Funnily enough, I kind of fell in love with those two women. Well, one of them in particular. The other one I consider one of the nicest people I know. Every day I long for some meaningful human contact but I can't find it anywhere.

Parents Reply Children
  • Dear Marc,  

Thank you for posting and telling the community what you are going through. It is good that you’ve let us know how you feel. Many people have similar thoughts when coping with so much and we hope you’re okay.    

If you are unable to cope with the distress or despair, it’s very important to tell someone about your feelings or thoughts of suicide. Call your GP and make an urgent appointment. Your GP can make sure you get appropriate help and support  

The National Autistic Society does not currently operate a crisis or emergency service. We advise you to contact 999 or any of the mental health crisis lines listed on our Urgent Help Page if you are at risk of immediate harm:https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do/help-and-support/urgent-help 

If you are not at immediate risk of harm, we would encourage you to speak to your GP or another health professional about this if you haven’t done so already. If it’s outside your GP hours call 111 to reach the NHS 111 service:https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care-services/when-to-use-111/ 

Help for anyone struggling to cope 

• Samaritans: Call 116 123 for free, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.  
    • Mind Infoline: 0300 1233393for information and signposting (9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday) 
    • SANEline: 0300 304 7000for anyone experiencing a mental health problem or supporting someone else (4.30pm to 10.30pm, every day)  
    • Shout 85258:a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service for anyone struggling to cope.  

We hope this is helpful to you.  

Kind regards 

Rosie Mod  

• Completely get your line of thinking and thank you for your honesty. 

I don't want you to die, brother. I'm just another addition to this wonderful safe space for us but I'm here for you as is everyone on here. Hugging

Not sure if it helps but I try to make a distinction between wanting to die and not wanting to exist. The difference is much more than what you can spot in the meaning of words. Personally my faith helps me to look beyond the finality of death and the associated 'fear of the unknown'. But that's just me. I only add this because I 'know' that existence doesn't end with death. 

The struggle is very real. I've been there in my own way; you're there in your own way. It's real, it's painful and it endures.

Reach out, my friend, and stay with us. x

Andrew