Non-Crime Hate Incidents - Code.

This feels incredibly dangerous for Autistics - has anyone read this completely? Does anyone at the @NAS @mod know if there is legal assistance and if there is an Emergency number for any incident involving the misrepresentation and misunderstanding when Autistics are falsely accused?

At a younger age, even late into my 20s and 30s I would've re-stated things I'd heard others say to try and seem agreeable to others around, to fit in, to try to make friends, and severely misunderstood the context. Or a thing is accidentally said backwards or with the wrong vocabulary due to maturing slower, due to a difficulty with words. Around 30 I learned: Anything I say can and will be held against me. This felt unfair, but I kept repeating that phrase to myself. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/non-crime-hate-incidents-code-of-practice/non-crime-hate-incidents-code-of-practice-on-the-recording-and-retention-of-personal-data-accessible

"A non-crime hate incident (NCHI) means an incident or alleged incident which involves or is alleged to involve an act by a person (‘the subject’) which is perceived by a person other than the subject to be motivated - wholly or partly - by hostility or prejudice towards persons with a particular characteristic."

• just thought I might help out. what JuniperfromGallifrey is asking is not what you have listed 

but a emergancy number  for autistics that are falsely acused where mis reprepresentation and mis understanding is involved

so what JuniperfromGallifrey is  asking is  do any of you know if there is an emergancy number for any kind of incidant that involves autistics being falsely acused

when it  involves mis reperesentation and mis understanding of autistics 

• I'm concerned about anyone under 35 (and possibly older) who has yet to learn just how different they are from Typical society. Just how different they use vocabulary and just how an intense internal sense of justice might be due to a misperception or misinterpretation of a thing (just as we are daily misunderstood). 

The Fascism of the Left can be as seductive as the Authoritarian of the Right. These breed a type of deception of inclusion through a demand of loyalty and Autistics won't catch the rules of these games. We are extremely vulnerable.

• These can be helpful, but I'm asking a more serious question. :) 

• I think this is something right wing autistics will be worried by. I am not concerned by it all.

• DearnJuniperFromGallifrey,

Thank you for sharing this with our community. We understand this is a very serious issue, and we would like to provide some information to help you. 

Firstly, you can find our guide on dealing with bullying here: 

https://www.autism.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/topics/bullying 

If you would like some confidential advice and support, you may like to call the National Bullying helpline on 0845 2255787 or by visiting their website: https://www.nationalbullyinghelpline.co.uk/  

There is also help and advice for children, young people and parents on the Bullybusters website, along with details of their support helpline:  

https://www.bullybusters.org.uk/help_and_advice/  

Thank you. I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Eunice Mod

• Something like this has happened to me. In a work situation. I was duty manager and questioned one of the staff about being late into work. So what you say.....

I had witnessed this from outside work as I was starting later. As often with me I got caught up with all manner of things and forgot about the timekeeping. It was late in the day when I remembered so I approached the staff member and asked were you late?

I got blatant denial and asked what proof did I have? So I started to question every aspect of what I saw in the morning in order to prove to myself and the staff member that I was correct.

Staff member blew up at me and stormed off to complain about me. Hence I got a formal complaint made against me for bullying and aggression and there was an investigation. I received witness statements before I had to have an investigation meeting. in the staff members statement there was a basic admission that they were late but it was only a few minutes! 

At my meeting I was accused of contradicting myself for giving the reasons I questioned the staff member and for saying if they had just admitted it then there would be no needed to question further.

To me that was basically the same thing.

Anyway there is still no conclusion to this

• Can't say boo to a goose, anymore.

• I want to add: Silence is NOT compliance: this is a manipulation tactic.

If there is the tiniest shred of doubt, remember (and please help your children remember): Silence is SAFETY. 

• Yeah I'm concerned about that myself. I have a bad habit of over-explaining, and getting confused when I'm worked up. So if someone interprets something hostile in what I say, it's hard for me to clear up the misunderstanding. Especially when they don't want to believe you.