Non-Crime Hate Incidents - Code.

This feels incredibly dangerous for Autistics - has anyone read this completely? Does anyone at the @NAS @mod know if there is legal assistance and if there is an Emergency number for any incident involving the misrepresentation and misunderstanding when Autistics are falsely accused?

At a younger age, even late into my 20s and 30s I would've re-stated things I'd heard others say to try and seem agreeable to others around, to fit in, to try to make friends, and severely misunderstood the context. Or a thing is accidentally said backwards or with the wrong vocabulary due to maturing slower, due to a difficulty with words. Around 30 I learned: Anything I say can and will be held against me. This felt unfair, but I kept repeating that phrase to myself. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/non-crime-hate-incidents-code-of-practice/non-crime-hate-incidents-code-of-practice-on-the-recording-and-retention-of-personal-data-accessible

"A non-crime hate incident (NCHI) means an incident or alleged incident which involves or is alleged to involve an act by a person (‘the subject’) which is perceived by a person other than the subject to be motivated - wholly or partly - by hostility or prejudice towards persons with a particular characteristic."

Parents Reply Children
  • I think the situation is rather difrent when the the people bullying you are the goverment or police. Something about dealing with the police might be more apropreat here don't you think?

• Thanks, @Zo - @mods I think we need a FULL PAGE on this site dedicated to helping Autistics who have been unjustly accused and are facing trial or investigation ether in school, by the police, the workplace or a court of law.

Autism is unknowingly discriminated against because we appear to Non-Autistics anti-social. Even with formal lessons in communication techniques, one won't ever pick up all the social cues. It took me an Error of Years to learn fundamental values in a healthy exchange and even still I would trip over my words. At 50 I'm merely cautious and have good boundaries. A code like the above is how Autistics, especially undiagnosed, will end up incarcerated. 

• just thought I might help out. what JuniperfromGallifrey is asking is not what you have listed 

but a emergancy number  for autistics that are falsely acused where mis reprepresentation and mis understanding is involved

so what JuniperfromGallifrey is  asking is  do any of you know if there is an emergancy number for any kind of incidant that involves autistics being falsely acused

when it  involves mis reperesentation and mis understanding of autistics 

• These can be helpful, but I'm asking a more serious question. :)