New forum fault re posting

2 members have PMd me saying they can't post so I don't know if this is a widespread problem.

I'd suggest emailing the community manager on:

communitymanager@nas.org.uk

I hope it gets sorted soon for you but today being a Bank Holiday, it's more likely to be looked at tomorrow +

• Also, posts are duplicating/ triplicating/fourplicating or just not appearing or there is an error message and then they appear.

Just a tip on this, as I suspect it may have something to do with how people react (eg refreshing the page, trying again, etc) when the page seems to hang after clicking "reply" and their reply seemingly doesn't get posted.

What works for me is this: whenever there's a long delay with my reply being "processed", I open the home page of the forum in a separate tab. It may still take a little while, but once the home page opens, my "hung" post also finishes processing and appears as it should do. This has worked every time that I've done it - which is a lot. 

• Mine are saying that I've replied, but not showing up, when I go back to the thread and click on where I went to reply, lo and behold, there's my post! It's sat there waiting for me to post it a second time and yes this site is so slow.

Yep, it's just done it again with this post.

Does anyone else get the OP but not the replies and have to press refresh?

• Some posts are multiplying and some aren’t showing at all (while saying someone commented)

• It is now as slow as a slow worm with arthritis.

Also, posts are duplicating/ triplicating/fourplicating or just not appearing or there is an error message and then they appear.

Scream

• Defo one of my heroes.  

He is so pleased and happy.

• Always been slow for me. I was inspired to make a donation to NAS. If it ever speeds up you can thank me for it personally Joy

• Firstly, don't worry too much about this.

There are many reasons why you might have had that message, and many of them will not mean that there is anything wrong or that you have done anything wrong.

A human will need to look at your post before it appears, or work out why the automated computer system that runs this place.....has glitched.

Either your post will appear soon, or our volunteer human moderators or human guardians will send you an email.  It is worth signing into your email account that you use for this place......they MIGHT send an email.

In any event.....this is no drama.  Rest easy.

• .........are you talking about me?........you wouldn't be far wrong, I fear!

• I think it's steam powered  now ... on its last legs ..

• It's been running very slowly for me today, too.

• Definitely the first.......and who knows......maybe the second one too?  I've certainly got ants in my brain today!.........frigging Fire ants, at that!!

• Is this forum incredibly slow or am I inordinately impatient all of a sudden?

• Posted something and said review pending by the mods. What does that mean?

• Yes, me also.

Friday evening (23 August) a slew of my diverse posts, across multiple threads, even those which were merely 1 line of non controversial text (without a link or photo etc.) ...all disappeared as I posted.

Hence, everyone enjoyed a break from me from Friday evening through to Tuesday morning.

A couple of the missing posts did turn up as "appeal against spam / abuse / blocked" notifications on my account - but not the remainder of the missing items.

I could neither post nor view the most up to date thread / post lists - it was as though my account were not logged in (where you just see a snapshot from several hours before as per a website visitor without an account).

I imagine many of us have often experienced the deeply uncomfortable / frustrating feeling when, mid-conversation, live, with another Forumite about whom we feel particular concern - our account gets shoved into quarantine (leaving the fellow Forumite - like our having hung up on a sensitive phone call).

This blocked / spam marked cycle has been intermittently affecting my account / posts as initiated on multiple different days since I opened my Forum account. 

I have paid close attention to numerous posts by others on the topic - in an effort to sidestep known "increased risk of quarantine rabbit hole" post content styles / spelling correction re-edit after original post auto detection etc.

I understand the concept of operating more than one account (as a temporary workaround), however, as it is an external algorithm exhibiting ...let us say; inconsistent adjudication, therefore, I decline operating more than one profile (I would not relish double the trouble!).

Add into the mix: randomly, (but with infuriating prevalence), as you try to login to the Forum (either from the same device or via another device - outside of clashing with a quarantined post scenario) the infuriating next moribund page often pops up - insisting on more information about you (as though, despite navigating by login, plus had the correct login credentials details verified ...it bins all that and then acts as though you were a new user setting up an account for the first time ...this Forum technical experience is all too rapidly approaching the "too aggravating" heap.

My concern is; that it may be the same external spam blocker / login front door deployed alongside the revised Forum platform offering later this year.

• It is probably using template text

Yes, it's standard (I've received several of them over the last few months, but always still appreciated).

The "resolving itself in time" part clearly hasn't come true for me! :)  Looking forward - although not without trepidation - to the new platform!

• I got an nice email from the mods. It is probably using template text, but was nice all the same.

• I was one of them too. It's not a nice feeling. I knew it was in error. I am totally inoffensive, I hope. I only reported with the option that pops up. I didn't email.

• I had the same issue over the weekend, having given up after I had three posts blocked in a row. It's fixed now for me, thankfully (after emailing in early yesterday).

Hopefully, this won't be a continuing issue once the forum has migrated to its new platform (next month).  

• I've had many instances of not being able to post at all after being captured by the spam filter.

In each case I could only be released by the mods.

However, with my original ID it became impossible to post long term.

This was only sorted after months and so I created a new ID and used that one permanently.

I'm just recounting this in case similar happens to others.