New forum fault re posting

2 members have PMd me saying they can't post so I don't know if this is a widespread problem.

I'd suggest emailing the community manager on:

communitymanager@nas.org.uk

I hope it gets sorted soon for you but today being a Bank Holiday, it's more likely to be looked at tomorrow +

Parents
  • Yes, me also.

Friday evening (23 August) a slew of my diverse posts, across multiple threads, even those which were merely 1 line of non controversial text (without a link or photo etc.) ...all disappeared as I posted.

Hence, everyone enjoyed a break from me from Friday evening through to Tuesday morning.

A couple of the missing posts did turn up as "appeal against spam / abuse / blocked" notifications on my account - but not the remainder of the missing items.

I could neither post nor view the most up to date thread / post lists - it was as though my account were not logged in (where you just see a snapshot from several hours before as per a website visitor without an account).

I imagine many of us have often experienced the deeply uncomfortable / frustrating feeling when, mid-conversation, live, with another Forumite about whom we feel particular concern - our account gets shoved into quarantine (leaving the fellow Forumite - like our having hung up on a sensitive phone call).

This blocked / spam marked cycle has been intermittently affecting my account / posts as initiated on multiple different days since I opened my Forum account. 

I have paid close attention to numerous posts by others on the topic - in an effort to sidestep known "increased risk of quarantine rabbit hole" post content styles / spelling correction re-edit after original post auto detection etc.

I understand the concept of operating more than one account (as a temporary workaround), however, as it is an external algorithm exhibiting ...let us say; inconsistent adjudication, therefore, I decline operating more than one profile (I would not relish double the trouble!).

Add into the mix: randomly, (but with infuriating prevalence), as you try to login to the Forum (either from the same device or via another device - outside of clashing with a quarantined post scenario) the infuriating next moribund page often pops up - insisting on more information about you (as though, despite navigating by login, plus had the correct login credentials details verified ...it bins all that and then acts as though you were a new user setting up an account for the first time ...this Forum technical experience is all too rapidly approaching the "too aggravating" heap.

My concern is; that it may be the same external spam blocker / login front door deployed alongside the revised Forum platform offering later this year.

• Yes, me also.

Friday evening (23 August) a slew of my diverse posts, across multiple threads, even those which were merely 1 line of non controversial text (without a link or photo etc.) ...all disappeared as I posted.

Hence, everyone enjoyed a break from me from Friday evening through to Tuesday morning.

A couple of the missing posts did turn up as "appeal against spam / abuse / blocked" notifications on my account - but not the remainder of the missing items.

I could neither post nor view the most up to date thread / post lists - it was as though my account were not logged in (where you just see a snapshot from several hours before as per a website visitor without an account).

I imagine many of us have often experienced the deeply uncomfortable / frustrating feeling when, mid-conversation, live, with another Forumite about whom we feel particular concern - our account gets shoved into quarantine (leaving the fellow Forumite - like our having hung up on a sensitive phone call).

This blocked / spam marked cycle has been intermittently affecting my account / posts as initiated on multiple different days since I opened my Forum account. 

I have paid close attention to numerous posts by others on the topic - in an effort to sidestep known "increased risk of quarantine rabbit hole" post content styles / spelling correction re-edit after original post auto detection etc.

I understand the concept of operating more than one account (as a temporary workaround), however, as it is an external algorithm exhibiting ...let us say; inconsistent adjudication, therefore, I decline operating more than one profile (I would not relish double the trouble!).

Add into the mix: randomly, (but with infuriating prevalence), as you try to login to the Forum (either from the same device or via another device - outside of clashing with a quarantined post scenario) the infuriating next moribund page often pops up - insisting on more information about you (as though, despite navigating by login, plus had the correct login credentials details verified ...it bins all that and then acts as though you were a new user setting up an account for the first time ...this Forum technical experience is all too rapidly approaching the "too aggravating" heap.

My concern is; that it may be the same external spam blocker / login front door deployed alongside the revised Forum platform offering later this year.

Children
No Data