This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Riots

This surge in far-right violence is frightening me. I'm dreaming about it and having trouble focusing at the moment. My sensitivities seem to kick off badly when stuff like this is going on.

I keep away from the news best I can but it seems to be everywhere.

How do you deal with the issues out there today?

Parents
  • i tend to ignore it, aside from the occasional comment and comparison to previous years of riots under far left wing activists which everyone seems to think was ok..

basically we are used to riots, they are normal in society because the far left made them normal.

what isnt normal is the police response, in past riots police and gov did nothing and allowed it, and the media praised rioters as angels and benevolent and morally justified.... the only difference now is the authoritarian police reponse and the media hate. otherwise no different to the 20 years of far left wing riots we had 5 times per year on average... another difference is these riots likely will stop now as its the working day now, notice how they happen on weekend and then they stop? .... while far left wing riots they happen none stop because they have no work to go to so its harder to predict when they will end.

its very easy to stay away from them really.... i saw a drone video of a riot and when you see it from the top, its not that big, its often focused on one small area and unless your house is coincidentally on that exact spot your often ok.

• i tend to ignore it, aside from the occasional comment and comparison to previous years of riots under far left wing activists which everyone seems to think was ok..

basically we are used to riots, they are normal in society because the far left made them normal.

what isnt normal is the police response, in past riots police and gov did nothing and allowed it, and the media praised rioters as angels and benevolent and morally justified.... the only difference now is the authoritarian police reponse and the media hate. otherwise no different to the 20 years of far left wing riots we had 5 times per year on average... another difference is these riots likely will stop now as its the working day now, notice how they happen on weekend and then they stop? .... while far left wing riots they happen none stop because they have no work to go to so its harder to predict when they will end.

its very easy to stay away from them really.... i saw a drone video of a riot and when you see it from the top, its not that big, its often focused on one small area and unless your house is coincidentally on that exact spot your often ok.

Children
  • I just Googled "Left wing riots in the UK" and got zero relevant hits. You might need to check your sources for veracity.

• previous years of riots under far left wing activists
    20 years of far left wing riots we had 5 times per year on average.
    while far left wing riots they happen none stop because they have no work to go to so its harder to predict when they will end.

I know what you mean.

Brighton is terrible for left wing riots and it's always been known as a left-wing sort of place.

In fact, they even sometimes get Green Councillors in.

Outrageous.

There was riotous rioting in Brighton this weekend, which was odd because they clearly had no jobs to go to in the week:

https://www.brighton-pride.org/