Life...Dreams...Hope. . . Where do they come from? Where do they go my brothers and sisters. :-(

I don't know if I'm allowed to make two topics in the same week. I am so thankful for this community. I am 40 and I bring this up not to brag. . .think of Cypher in the matrix for my analogy. My IQ isn't a gift, it's a curse that allowed me to mask in the matrix for 23 years of my 40 year life. In other words, it powered my masking, higher IQ, higher and stronger mask.

It meant I gave EVERYTHING I had as a human being to EVERYONE I cared about even though I had to work at 150% for their 50% return. I am SO exhausted and even here I'm still masking my words because I brainwash myself to be that way my whole life and because I'm intelligent, I actually suffer MORE, while having to explain to them (NTs) that I'm not bragging, I'm literally beggin for understanding that greater intellect doesn't = greater life.  Greater intellect for Autistics just means we burn the candle at BOTH ends until we are on the verge of death, then our choice is ACCEPT or death.

Either I accept who I am or like the 2022 Australian government report on Autism shows, we do 15-20 years before NTs.  I am so burned out. I am trying so hard in severe physical pain to reach out to you guys because I've got nothing left and I'm thankful I even found this place because it's akin to finding an Oasis in a damn dessert.  I hope all of you are doing better than me...I never thought I'd have the energy to find a place I could be me in. I am so new to accepting my curses and gifts and I feel like my brain is literally ripped between masking me and the current reality, which is I am never going back to masked life, so how do I learn to deal with this strife???

Parents
  • Home working has made a massive difference to me with this. I spend 100% of my time in the office masking and trying to be the professional/humble/well adjusted worker they want but when I get home I actually physically cry because I'm so so tired of working AND having to put on a hypothetical play all day.

Working remotely has made the difference for a few reasons. One, it means I'm valued by the quality of my work, not my persona at work which feels RIGHT to me. Secondly, I can turn my camera off in meetings (a work adjustment for me) and this means I have to mask much less in meetings. I hardly have to mask at all nowadays.

This could potentially be terrible advice cause since I've started working from home, I never leave the house and don't really see my friends much. Bt it definitely made me feel more motivated with work and it's given me dreams and aspirations with my career that I previously thought would be impossible. 

• Thank you. It's not terrible advice. What you say makes perfect sense and I'm sorry you have to deal with such exhaustion at work that you literally burnout the moment you get home. I hope life gives you at least what you give because that means you get 150% which is my idea of a better life. If people only got what they give, this world would find balance between the givers(150%) and the takers (50%).

I am just so burned out, I have zero support IRL. Walked away from all the fake friends 7 years ago, any family that I was feeding with my energy, I stopped giving that energy and lo and behold, they found other people to feed on rather than give me even 75% of what I gave them...

I am just lost now and I'm thankful to have people like you that understand even if the advice doesn't apply to my life, you at least care about a total stranger, more effort in your response than those connected by blood give. Family really is an F word...

• I am just so burned out, I have zero support IRL.

Have you tried therapy? Reading your comments makes me think you would benefit from connecting with your authentic self and realising that you don't need to do all this stuff for others - ease off on this and give more of that energy back to just being you.

Coming from such a long time masking I expect this to be difficult but with your self professed higher IQ you should be able to rationalise the situations and formulate appropriate responses with little mental effort.

With interations with difficult family members, setting boundaries is a key part of this.

A therapist with knowledge of autism is a huge ally in being able to realise all of this, but you have to be open to accepting help.

Between the therapist and this site I think you will have plenty of support to deal with all of this,

• thank you Ian. I'm burned out right now but I want to say I agree 99% with what you say! I'll post further when I can, and thanks for the truth bomb my friend!

• Autriker thanks for coming back to my 2nd thread.  You are literally one of the first 2 people that took a vested interest in my struggle so honestly, thank you so much.

I don't have the energy to look into litigation I'm literally using everything to speak to you guys because I have no positive outcome devoting what little I have left to them.

The only reason I'm not completely burned out in zuccada mode is because people like you and TheCatWoman actually understand so I force myself feeling like a corpse to continue explaining except I don't have to anymore here, because you understand my fear. . .

Always being trapped without a way, to ever escape this fate...Being Autistic,I apologize if I'm weird Autriker I am matching my words to musical connotations and beats. I cannot help this, I played music(Piano) by ear from age 4, now I can't because I slit my left wrist in half, all tendons and nerves 7 years ago.

I apologize if I'm too graphic, this was 7 years ago not how I am today yet I can review it objectively if that makes sense.

I feel like I masked to hard that I literally turned the knife on myself..Does that make sense to you? Or am I off my rocker?

• It's funny. Within the first 4 words you said, I knew where you were going with this. It's nice to know I'm not alone in inf dumping on someone I respect. You're awesome dude and it's nice to see that I really don't have to explain that your first 4 words\ explain everything.

I'm trying to say, it's nice to choose to explain to understand a friend who will in the end, comprehend the stance, of explaining an info dump in 4 words and I don't misunderstand you or take insult. That's the beauty, we understand each other see. . . Love and Peace.  .  .  . hope your free! Much apologies, I just recently connected to being ND, I speak in connotations musical innovations...

• I have major issue with the psychiatric industry that as long as they can give someone a dangerous medication, it's worth diagnosing.

It has been my experience that the psychiatrists of this world treat peoples issues with drugs while the psychotherapists deal with the same issues using therapy techniques.

Some conditions need drugs to effectively regulate or treat them, but autism is not one of these.

Some on this site believe in self medication using a number of psychoactive drugs, but it is harder to say who is more dangerous, enthusiastic but untrained amateurs or trained but narrow minded professionals.

• You live in the land of litigation, can't you sue them?

• Classical mythology pedant here, many apologies. Prometheus had his liver eaten by an eagle each day, then it regenerated over night, also brought fire to mortals.. Sisyphus was the one with the boulder.

• Classical mythology pedant here, many apologies. Prometheus had his liver eaten by an eagle each day, then it regenerated over night, also brought fire to mortals.. Sisyphus was the one with the boulder.

Children
  • It's funny. Within the first 4 words you said, I knew where you were going with this. It's nice to know I'm not alone in inf dumping on someone I respect. You're awesome dude and it's nice to see that I really don't have to explain that your first 4 words\ explain everything.

I'm trying to say, it's nice to choose to explain to understand a friend who will in the end, comprehend the stance, of explaining an info dump in 4 words and I don't misunderstand you or take insult. That's the beauty, we understand each other see. . . Love and Peace.  .  .  . hope your free! Much apologies, I just recently connected to being ND, I speak in connotations musical innovations...