If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

Hi today’s topic travel if you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? 

I would choose Iceland as i went there a few years ago with my mum and it was absolutely amazing. What a beautiful country to visit everyone spoke English and my asthma cleared up as it was so clean no pollution or anything. Also seen the northern lights there and swam in the blue lagoon. 

Parents
  • I have been to many places but the only time I have been to another country is when I went to England and once went to Scotland. 

I have been overseas twice to Caldey Island but have never had a passport to go any further, as the passport forms are too complicated for me to fill in, and the thought of trying to survive an airport... I couldn't fly, not to say I have never flown. Flown on the bike a few time while racing and flown in cars or in a van... But never in a plane. I don't think I could as the feeling of being squashed in amangst passengers. I'd have to open the window to get air.

Noo. I will stay in Wales.. But where would I go?  I think I'd go to Parrog or somewhere nice like that!

• Hello Mountain Goat,

nice to learn I am not the only rider to have flown in to a car. I take it by your name, you are a climber? Have you tackled Winiats Pass or long Hill in Whaley Bridge?

• Haha. Not a climber but have once climbed via Princes Trust.  Not very good with heights but did find rocks much easier on heights than ladders as rocks stay still. Got name as I grew up with goats ans many years ago my brother liked the CB and was Mountain Lion, as we lived on a moutain near the sea in Wales. I tried the CB though I hardly ever talked. I initially called myself "Pannier Man" after it having a dual meaning as I went everywhere by bicycle with panniers (One cyclist called me "Garage" as I carried bike tools and anything else where hardly anyone else brought anything but their bikes to club runs). But also I have always loved trains and I loved the various classes of Great Western Railway pannier tanks.

BUT on the CB, whenever I tried to use that username, people would keep asking me to say it again as over the CB radio it never worked clearly. So as my brother was Mountain Lion, I thought of Mountain Goat! I remember the first time I saw a real mou tain Goat in North Wales. I could smell him along time before I saw him and I looked up, and in typical goat fashion he looked down at me! Haha! Goats always love standing on high things or places and looking down on things!  Wild goats are no exception!  Actually when I lived down in the village below the mountain I was living on, we used to walk up to the rock slide which is at the end of rhe mou tsin which te slide was used since Roman times of before. As kids we would go up there with our parents and had to bend our legs as the slide (Was very smoth rockworn smooth by thousands of bottoms sliding down over generations of kids and adults!) and we would spend hours up there looking down on the village below and the two railways, the sea, the cars passing... Always LOVED being up there... Was a Good Friday village tradition to go up with hot cross buns started a great many years ago when the early Christian Saints settled...Actually lived right opposite the 4th to 6th centuary "Llan" (Enclosure. Often mistaken as hillforts) with its burial mound just over half a mile away and the prayer cell about a hundred yards away. Prayer cell demolished a few years ago by council footpath workers tsking stones to use on the muddy footpath! Part of burial mound destroyed about 20 years ago due to new land owner ploughing through it. Is not on modern maps and neither is enclosure but was on all older maps and no locals would have done that out of respect. They did not bury dead near their "Llan" enclosure (Early church) because they didn't want evil spirits from any departed from entering into anyone else. The practice of graves near churches didn't come in until later... The "Llan" part of most Welsh place names normally began as enclosures which were earth mounded enclosure with wooden walls for protection but also as a church...And so village names were named after these Llans and the saint name such as "Llandeilo" being the church of St Teilo etc. Rare exceptions to this which have been distorted in recent history is "Llanelly" (Llanelli today) which started off as "Llan-Y-Lliw" meaning the "Church of many colours" as origional church had fantastic coloured windowns (See very old book from 1700's to 1800 's) "Old Llanelly" .Why Llanelly had a "Y" on the end and was never anglicanized as some had said. The Welsh speaking movement changed it to Llanelli assuming the church was named after that Saint (St Elli did exist but was not known to have connections with that church) and so we have a mix up of past history! (Llanelli was hit by a large tsunami every 400 years or so as is very low lying so very few locals would build to live there. Industrial revolution started from incomers from England and Ireland who were unaware of this built up the town where it is now. Last tsunami was in 1607 and destroyed the old castle and area and created a row of sand dunes as the tide went out around the Pembrey and Burry Port areas as tsunami came in and old church doors in Pembrey (Replaced in 1991 with a lottery grant) had a mark on the old doorframe three quarters of the way up showing how high the tsunami had come in. 

Sorry. Am side tracked. Have once tried rock climbing but...Uhmmm. I like to look down to views below but nurvous of heights such as near the edge! I never go near the edge! Haha!

• Haha. Not a climber but have once climbed via Princes Trust.  Not very good with heights but did find rocks much easier on heights than ladders as rocks stay still. Got name as I grew up with goats ans many years ago my brother liked the CB and was Mountain Lion, as we lived on a moutain near the sea in Wales. I tried the CB though I hardly ever talked. I initially called myself "Pannier Man" after it having a dual meaning as I went everywhere by bicycle with panniers (One cyclist called me "Garage" as I carried bike tools and anything else where hardly anyone else brought anything but their bikes to club runs). But also I have always loved trains and I loved the various classes of Great Western Railway pannier tanks.

BUT on the CB, whenever I tried to use that username, people would keep asking me to say it again as over the CB radio it never worked clearly. So as my brother was Mountain Lion, I thought of Mountain Goat! I remember the first time I saw a real mou tain Goat in North Wales. I could smell him along time before I saw him and I looked up, and in typical goat fashion he looked down at me! Haha! Goats always love standing on high things or places and looking down on things!  Wild goats are no exception!  Actually when I lived down in the village below the mountain I was living on, we used to walk up to the rock slide which is at the end of rhe mou tsin which te slide was used since Roman times of before. As kids we would go up there with our parents and had to bend our legs as the slide (Was very smoth rockworn smooth by thousands of bottoms sliding down over generations of kids and adults!) and we would spend hours up there looking down on the village below and the two railways, the sea, the cars passing... Always LOVED being up there... Was a Good Friday village tradition to go up with hot cross buns started a great many years ago when the early Christian Saints settled...Actually lived right opposite the 4th to 6th centuary "Llan" (Enclosure. Often mistaken as hillforts) with its burial mound just over half a mile away and the prayer cell about a hundred yards away. Prayer cell demolished a few years ago by council footpath workers tsking stones to use on the muddy footpath! Part of burial mound destroyed about 20 years ago due to new land owner ploughing through it. Is not on modern maps and neither is enclosure but was on all older maps and no locals would have done that out of respect. They did not bury dead near their "Llan" enclosure (Early church) because they didn't want evil spirits from any departed from entering into anyone else. The practice of graves near churches didn't come in until later... The "Llan" part of most Welsh place names normally began as enclosures which were earth mounded enclosure with wooden walls for protection but also as a church...And so village names were named after these Llans and the saint name such as "Llandeilo" being the church of St Teilo etc. Rare exceptions to this which have been distorted in recent history is "Llanelly" (Llanelli today) which started off as "Llan-Y-Lliw" meaning the "Church of many colours" as origional church had fantastic coloured windowns (See very old book from 1700's to 1800 's) "Old Llanelly" .Why Llanelly had a "Y" on the end and was never anglicanized as some had said. The Welsh speaking movement changed it to Llanelli assuming the church was named after that Saint (St Elli did exist but was not known to have connections with that church) and so we have a mix up of past history! (Llanelli was hit by a large tsunami every 400 years or so as is very low lying so very few locals would build to live there. Industrial revolution started from incomers from England and Ireland who were unaware of this built up the town where it is now. Last tsunami was in 1607 and destroyed the old castle and area and created a row of sand dunes as the tide went out around the Pembrey and Burry Port areas as tsunami came in and old church doors in Pembrey (Replaced in 1991 with a lottery grant) had a mark on the old doorframe three quarters of the way up showing how high the tsunami had come in. 

Sorry. Am side tracked. Have once tried rock climbing but...Uhmmm. I like to look down to views below but nurvous of heights such as near the edge! I never go near the edge! Haha!

Children
No Data