If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?

Hi today’s topic travel if you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? 

I would choose Iceland as i went there a few years ago with my mum and it was absolutely amazing. What a beautiful country to visit everyone spoke English and my asthma cleared up as it was so clean no pollution or anything. Also seen the northern lights there and swam in the blue lagoon. 

• Probably Lapland (Finland), or Iceland.

• I’d love that but with the howl of the wolves in the distance 

• I've just finished reading the Dalai Lamas Cat novels by David Michie.

I'd love to visit the area of his residence, to see how much of the stories of the area are fact, and how much is fiction. 

• I would love to be in the middle of a forrest in a log cabin with a real fire and lots of heavy snow in the Night.
    Miles from nowhere but fully stocked with supplies with loads of wood for the fire.
    Heavy snow with no sound...just peace.

• My own head. Stage 4 NREM sleep.

• I would travel to my boyfriend first. Secondly it would have to be Paris, I just love the language and the atmosphere. I have never been there but it is a dream

• Haha. Not a climber but have once climbed via Princes Trust.  Not very good with heights but did find rocks much easier on heights than ladders as rocks stay still. Got name as I grew up with goats ans many years ago my brother liked the CB and was Mountain Lion, as we lived on a moutain near the sea in Wales. I tried the CB though I hardly ever talked. I initially called myself "Pannier Man" after it having a dual meaning as I went everywhere by bicycle with panniers (One cyclist called me "Garage" as I carried bike tools and anything else where hardly anyone else brought anything but their bikes to club runs). But also I have always loved trains and I loved the various classes of Great Western Railway pannier tanks.

BUT on the CB, whenever I tried to use that username, people would keep asking me to say it again as over the CB radio it never worked clearly. So as my brother was Mountain Lion, I thought of Mountain Goat! I remember the first time I saw a real mou tain Goat in North Wales. I could smell him along time before I saw him and I looked up, and in typical goat fashion he looked down at me! Haha! Goats always love standing on high things or places and looking down on things!  Wild goats are no exception!  Actually when I lived down in the village below the mountain I was living on, we used to walk up to the rock slide which is at the end of rhe mou tsin which te slide was used since Roman times of before. As kids we would go up there with our parents and had to bend our legs as the slide (Was very smoth rockworn smooth by thousands of bottoms sliding down over generations of kids and adults!) and we would spend hours up there looking down on the village below and the two railways, the sea, the cars passing... Always LOVED being up there... Was a Good Friday village tradition to go up with hot cross buns started a great many years ago when the early Christian Saints settled...Actually lived right opposite the 4th to 6th centuary "Llan" (Enclosure. Often mistaken as hillforts) with its burial mound just over half a mile away and the prayer cell about a hundred yards away. Prayer cell demolished a few years ago by council footpath workers tsking stones to use on the muddy footpath! Part of burial mound destroyed about 20 years ago due to new land owner ploughing through it. Is not on modern maps and neither is enclosure but was on all older maps and no locals would have done that out of respect. They did not bury dead near their "Llan" enclosure (Early church) because they didn't want evil spirits from any departed from entering into anyone else. The practice of graves near churches didn't come in until later... The "Llan" part of most Welsh place names normally began as enclosures which were earth mounded enclosure with wooden walls for protection but also as a church...And so village names were named after these Llans and the saint name such as "Llandeilo" being the church of St Teilo etc. Rare exceptions to this which have been distorted in recent history is "Llanelly" (Llanelli today) which started off as "Llan-Y-Lliw" meaning the "Church of many colours" as origional church had fantastic coloured windowns (See very old book from 1700's to 1800 's) "Old Llanelly" .Why Llanelly had a "Y" on the end and was never anglicanized as some had said. The Welsh speaking movement changed it to Llanelli assuming the church was named after that Saint (St Elli did exist but was not known to have connections with that church) and so we have a mix up of past history! (Llanelli was hit by a large tsunami every 400 years or so as is very low lying so very few locals would build to live there. Industrial revolution started from incomers from England and Ireland who were unaware of this built up the town where it is now. Last tsunami was in 1607 and destroyed the old castle and area and created a row of sand dunes as the tide went out around the Pembrey and Burry Port areas as tsunami came in and old church doors in Pembrey (Replaced in 1991 with a lottery grant) had a mark on the old doorframe three quarters of the way up showing how high the tsunami had come in. 

Sorry. Am side tracked. Have once tried rock climbing but...Uhmmm. I like to look down to views below but nurvous of heights such as near the edge! I never go near the edge! Haha!

• I would like to go to Sri Lanka, it's on my bucket list.  The country is small but very diverse.  I love elephants too so would be ble to see those.

• My experience there 

• Hello there!

This is fantasy 

I'm excited to share that I'm working on planning a trip to Petone in Lower Hutt, New Zealand. One of my goals for this trip is to visit Ellen Giggenbach's shop, as I'm a big fan of her designs. Interestingly, I already have her Papercraft Christmas and Thank You Kit, which I picked up from Waterstones in the UK.

In addition to visiting Ellen's shop, I'm also hoping to explore the Petone Settlers Museum, nature reserve, churches, and the old and new shops in the area. I believe that this trip is going to be a constructive experience for me, and I'm excited to discover all that Petone has to offer.

• Iceland looks beautiful. I want to go there as well one day.

• Hello Mountain Goat,

nice to learn I am not the only rider to have flown in to a car. I take it by your name, you are a climber? Have you tackled Winiats Pass or long Hill in Whaley Bridge?

• You're lucky to have them as neighbours. Not so many interesting people like that where I live.

• There are Amish where I live, Ive visited some quite a few times. Theyre pretty cool. One Amish family, my family visits every year to see their wood store. They also have several pet corgis and cats and horses, and they have a little food area too. But actually that family arent real Amish, since about 10(?) years ago they changed to the religion I am, and then they were shunned, but they keep the Amish lifestyle. I have visited Amish who are Amish religion too though.

I've been to the USA before but I can't drive so I didn't have the opportunity to do any of that.

Well you definetly would need some sort of transportation, especially since I believe Native American reservations are out west, while Amish stay east. I dont know where hippies live. It would be neat to visit all those 

• i dont need to go anywhere or dont feel the need to. im happy where my family is and thats where i am.

• It is an amazing place very expensive though 

• I'd go to the USA and visit Native American reservations, hippie co-operatives, the Amish and other odd bods. I've been to the USA before but I can't drive so I didn't have the opportunity to do any of that.

• I'd also be a fan of visiting Iceland.

I'd love to visit Japan, I find both the modern and the traditional aspects of the country nice to explore.

If I were to stay rather than just a visit, Canada and Australia are two countries I would have my eyes on from knowing a number of people who live in those countries.

The likelihood of me going anywhere abroad in reality though is unlikely... I can't even manage leaving my small town let alone setting off across the world.

• Oh Norway would be a good place to visit! Krumkake is delicious (I made some for Annas bday a couple years ago) so their other food is probably good too. And the scenery looks beautiful, plus the northern lights. I guess it could do as a replacement for Arendelle - as that was some of the inspiration - but Norway is separate since in Olafs Frozen Adventure, someone says "bake a giant cookie in the wavy shape of Norway."

There is a Arendelle recreation in Hong Kong but I dont think id be able to survive because asian food smells weird to me and I cant stand to eat it.