Clothing

I've recently noticed that I buy and wear the same style of clothes. My wardrobe is full of new clothes but I don't wear them and always go back to my usual clothes. I hate anything tight on me. Does anyone else have the same issue?. I want to wear something different but I just can't bring myself to do it

Parents
  • When I find something I like and am happy to wear, I buy it in multiples of two; trousers, shirts, jumpers and boots.... but not suits as I so rarely wear them. I am often teased about wearing the same clothes, and always in black or dark colours,  but I couldn't give a damn, I'm comfortable!  And that's that.

Ben

• When I find something I like and am happy to wear, I buy it in multiples of two; trousers, shirts, jumpers and boots.... but not suits as I so rarely wear them. I am often teased about wearing the same clothes, and always in black or dark colours,  but I couldn't give a damn, I'm comfortable!  And that's that.

Ben

Children
  • Me too. Pays to bulk buy when I find something I like, because in this age of fast fashion it may no longer be available once I have worn something to the point where it is falling apart (though that process probably takes years, so the fashion does not need to be that fast!). The downside is that manufacturing standards are not always that great, so things that are supposed to be the same can fit quite differently!

I am going to steal Pegg's interpretation when challenged on it - I am sacrificing my own fashion sense in order to provide a beacon of stability in an ever-changing world. And for the fellow prosopagnosia sufferers it gives them an extra chance of recognising me.

• Exactly Ben! 

I too have multiples of the same clothing - great to find I'm not alone there, used to think it was just me! 

I wear the same things to work, pretty much. It's not an NT thing, but some of my students seem to find my 'sameness' reassuring - I'll take that! Blush

• I discovered some time ago that people at work were joking behind my back about me always wearing the same (smart) clothes to work.