Won't fit in any community (HFA only)

I was diagnosed with high functioning level 2 ASD about 6 months ago. I started tagging around some online and RL communities, but I quickly noticed that all the autistic spaces I interacted with are mainly geared towards the more severely disabled. Users there are totally infantilized, mods behave like nurses in an assisted living facility.  

I understand that higher support people deserve to be protected, but I feel like I am living in a nursing home. Everybody tells me to "unmask", but how can I unmask if I have to walk on eggshells to avoid traumatizing some low-functioning user?

Is there any place that caters only to high functioning people? This forum is just unusable, forums and communities online are dead, and Reddit... well, it's Reddit!

I am open to suggestions

Parents
  • This forum is just unusable
    95% of the people here are people that I would avoid in real life. I am already forced to interact with unpleasant people on the job, why should I suffer that during the leisure time, too?
    I do not know about you, but I am not interested in interacting with deranged people.  

You've been saying this since you 1st joined this forum.

Why do your persist posting here then?

I hate to call you a Troll and I understand that you are suffering but this does look very akin to trolling to me ...

• Try to read the first post. I was asking if anyone knew a community more geared towards high functioning people. Maybe I should make a new subreddit

• Apologies if I have misjudged you, but I think the way you express yourself implies that you consider yourself to be superior to everyone else. There is an air of arrogance, in my opinion, which is not an endearing trait to have.

Reply Children
No Data