Autism related psychosis

I am so confused as my initial dx was actually schizophrenia and even schizoaffective(bipolar)

First psychosis happened almost 14 years ago in 2010. I took meds for 10 years without psychosis. in 2020, I saw a new consultant who suggested I didn't have schizophrenia, but instead had autism. And the emotional Dysregulation was from this. So I went through the process of coming off the antipsychotics. He instead suggested I go on a mood stabiliser with an antidepressant. 

The doctor left after that appointment and because I had side effects from the mood stabiliser, another locum doctor decided it was ok for me to go off them and just stick to an antidepressant. This eventually led me into another psychosis worse than the first one.

Fast forward to 2023 , the first doctor I spoke about has returned and he still thinks I don't have schizophrenia. I just had my last assessment for autism on Wednesday so will wait and see.

But I cannot find any info on autism related psychosis. How is this possible?

I read that brief psychosis lasts only 4 weeks, mine lasted 6 weeks before the medication started working. 

Parents Reply
  • I know it's naughty, but I got to this bit - Delusions are defined as “fixed beliefs that are not amenable to change in light of conflicting evidence” - and started making a list of people who are affected in this way, and it's HUGE!!! 

Children