Government want to look at disability bank accounts to see what we are spending on: this is not good for us autistic.

I read that the government are wanting to look into all disability claimants bank accounts to see what we are spending money on and they can then say that oh! you spend the money on a certain item you should not so we are now going to cut your money. 

This is something that they hope to do in time, it has been on the online news. 

This would be terrible for us autistic people because a lot of people do not understand autism and how diverse we all are: 

for example: autistics might buy the following some might not and need other things for their autism: 

Felt tips, paper, pencils art things: they would not understand that this helps us stay calm by being creative and can help stop us going into further meltdowns etc. 

A computer and games: same reason as above

A piano and sheet music: could be a special interest and is needed for the autistic person and help stop meltdowns too. 

Fancy clothes: for me its 1950s style clothes, to express myself and I cant stand to wear certain clothes

Gluten free foods, special travel like a taxi as buses might be too stressful that day

An indoor clothes drier to stop damp 

collections of trains or magazines, comics etc 

Some people who dont understand autistim and will think that oh they are buying what they want not what they need, tut tut, they should not be buying that. 

What about the autistic that goes on the trains all day because they like it is sooths them. and then someone will say well if they ride trains all day let them work on the trains, but that autistic might be able to talk to people one day but then another day might be mute or unable to and could not work. 

yes there are autistics that can work, and those that work long term are ones that got lucky finding their job that is good for them for example they like action figures so work in a forbidden planet. and are okay with people as long as they are talking about the products. but others cannot cope with work at all. 

I feel that the government need to understand autism much more. No two autistic people are alike. 

What about the person who is has to pay for a private dentist because they dont like the building their local NHS dentists are in for example, and need to have the calm of a private dentist that understands . 

Some autistics might have to spend a fortune on a pair of shoes as they cannot wear cheaper ones for what ever reason (the way they feel etc) 

these are not all conditions or needs I have just listing how diverse we all are and why this new plan is not very nice. 

Because it is scary somehow, big brother is watching you type stuff. 

It also puts non-disabled people against disabled people they dont understand, they have never seen an autistic meltdown for example 

• So, this is part of the Government's proposed Data Protection and Digital Media Bill, which will enable them, in law, to surveill the bank accounts of anybody in receipt of state benefits (as I understand it)

This is a wide remit which will include virtually everybody - as most people are in receipt of State Benefits of one sort or another- it will be a law which effectively gives them the right to monitor the bank accounts of UK citizens at will and without notice. As I understand it, there need not be a suspicion of fraud, it can be speculative - that means that they can monitor your bank account for any reason and they don't have to tell you why. 

This seems to be part of a wider plan to reduce or remove our personal and working freedoms - much easier now that we've left the EU. 

At the moment they're working towards removing the right of workers to strike, effectively. I have no doubt that more will follow.

Our democracy is being eroded, it's very upsetting Cry 

• Climate Scientist's say Global Warming exists. Can you explain why I should listen to you instead of them?

• to be fair it would be more fitting as the hole in the ozone layer....

although that got phased out and quietened as it didnt cause as much alarm as they wanted then they came back to try again and again and again, its only just holding now in modern generations that think anything they see on the tv or internet is true. like that crazy woman on im a celebrity, "the internet said it so it must be true" lol

• Surveillance is real too though. I should know as it happened to me once. I was filmed by the local police special branch as I took part in direct action.

• Is the hole in the floor the Climate crisis?

Thank you for brightening my afternoon with that response. 

Although then the smile went Disappointed relieved

Sadly, too true.

• Is the hole in the floor the Climate crisis?

• They never will move with the times and will only make use technology as an over-arching element of state surveillance in order to rigorously monitor and control us and every aspect of our lives at every level, right down to the smallest details at every opportunity and for their own ends and that of their demonic globalist masters  - given what we have become aware of since 2020, they quite simply cannot be trusted to act responsibly - personally, I prefer to be pragmatic and realistic rather than idealistic in defence of the truth, rather than engage in toxic and false positivism 

• I agree that the government should have the right to scrutinize my bank account, provided there is transparency regarding the financial dealings of those in positions of power. It's disheartening to witness numerous instances of fraud and manipulation for personal gain by those in authority, only for them to then criticize the general public. Visionaries who strive to better our world often find their efforts hindered by a government primarily driven by a desire for control rather than genuine progress. The current leadership appears to be hitting a wall, grappling with outdated approaches and a lack of innovative thinking.

It's essential for our government officials to embrace modern technologies and methodologies, stepping out of their comfort zones to propel our nation into the 2020s. The absence of visible incorporation of computers and technology in their discussions paints a picture of a government seemingly stuck in the past, reminiscent of the 1970s. To truly advance, we need leaders who can think beyond traditional boundaries, employing new technologies and strategies to address the challenges of our time. It's time to break free from outdated practices and usher in a government that is not only accountable but also forward-thinking and adaptable to the demands of the contemporary era.

• They said that if I paid twelve months rent in advance they would not increase the rent over those twelve months.

• Wow. That was tough! 

• Three months?  The place I moved in wanted six months rent in advance and one months bond.

• Of course not.

If you are genuinely nice as well as of high intelligence, the world can be your playground. 

• 138 is just 7 points shy of official genius. You get all the problems and difficulty with down converting to dumb people language, but none of the recognition or opportunity that true genius brings...

i dunno i think most people wont actually understand what anyone means if they tell someone they have a iq of 138, it would go over most peoples heads.... infact it would go over my head too because i simply dont measure intellect that way and each iq test will give you a different result for sure, which means its a flawed measurement anyway and doesnt actually mean anything.

• Not everyone is feared and distrusted for being intelligent.  It might feel like that at times and that might be your personal experience.  It's not Pol Pot's Cambodia where we are about to be killed for being intellectuals.

• I'm sorry, but putting a Mensa sticker in the back of your Mini Metro car is the most attractive thing you could ever do to the wrong sort of person, perhaps a "jerk" on a motorcycle such as myself back in the nineteen eighties...

If you guys are pulling the bigger numbers, my recommendation (and practice) FWIW based on over a half century of knowing my own number is; "keep it to yourselves". 

138 is just 7 points shy of official genius. You get all the problems and difficulty with down converting to dumb people language, but none of the recognition or opportunity that true genius brings...

Those 121 people in the other thread are close enough to Joe Normal to be able to be unnoticed down the pub and take advantage of their gifts unnoticed but YOU stick out just enough to be feared and distrusted.. 

But all those problems must pale into insignificance on the some motorcyclist pulls you over to a stop, gets you to wind down your window and before riding off laughing maniacallly looks down and asks you with a deadpan expression:

"If you are in mensa and that's the intelligent peoples association, how come you drive such a *** car??"

• Astrid, thank you for your post as you have captured my feelings so well. I do enjoy train travel but need to book assistance in order to do this. I would like to work on the railways but as you say, I would find dealing with people too much some days. I loath the Torys introducing policy's to demonize the poor and vulnerable while cutting taxes for the wealthy. The 2018 UN report on poverty covers this so well.

• Somehow I'm not actually surprised LOL. The government do everything except support and help us so this comes as no surprise.

It's a shame there isn't an autistic government running things. Things would be better for us and the neurotypicals because we would be fair to all.

• Regardless of what governments are in, they will do this - I’ve watched a lot of Gemma O’ Doherty’s streams and I’ve learned a lot about this stuff - Agenda 2030 and the Great Reset, UBI, etc are all very real, as I’m very much awake to what is really going on at age 53 - I worry for my family’s safety in Rural Ireland, as I’ve also seen the footage of the Dublin riots - before 2020, I was partially awake to this stuff but the truth of what’s come out has been mind-blowing 

• The test I did had elements of arithmetic but no maths as such. It did have

• working memory tests where you have to repeat increasingly long string of digits, then repeat them backwards then repeat them in numerical order
    • various shape manipulation tasks to test if you could rotate shapes in two and three dimensions in your head or construct a shape in a picture using a set of tiles (while timed)
    • write a very long string of abstract symbols using a mapping from numbers and letters to those symbols
    • explain why groups of words were similar or different 
    • a short general knowledge test (I freaked her out by getting them all correct. Two of the questions were what’s the circumference of the Earth and how long does it take light to reach the Earth from the sun. I answered both exactly. She said they usually have a tolerance of 25% error. I then pointed out that astronomy is one of my special interests).

There was more but I can’t remember it all. It took about two hours.