Shopping at Christmas time - uuurrrggghhhhh!!!

I've just returned from the shops Scream

I try to do all my Christmas shopping presents online or by voucher nowadays.

However, I had to go to buy lunch.

I get a Sainsburys delivery but the food was from S+M today, so needed to be done by hand.

S+M + TK Maxx - not too bad but already too busy a few minutes after opening.

Sainsburys - mad.  Totally mad.

People walking into me, shouting, standing far too close.

It opens at 11am and by 11.05am the large car park was full and people were driving around with no care whatsover.

I had a car at my heels (obviously desperate for a space) as I walked back to my car but I couldn't walk any faster as there were people in front.

Then, when I pulled out the car that wanted my space was sitting where I needed to drive to actually go anywhere.

People driving at 60mph in a 30mph zone.

It's bonkers.  It's still November.

Why do people have no consideration, awareness, manners or spacial awareness at this time of year?

Also, why do people drive so recklessly?

Parents
  • Nice to see you Debbie
    Welcome back Debbie 

Thank you both.

I came home ranting to my husband and although he understands to a degree I'm not sure he could fully comprehend why I was so very wound up - like a spinning top about to take off.

So I came here as I know that this is a place of understanding.

Your mention in the 'spare a thought' thread has tempted me out of hibernation too.

That's made my day.

Welcome back Blush

• I have this vision of your husband hiding under the kitchen table with a large upturned saucepan held tightly on his head. Grimacing

• I have this vision of your husband hiding under the kitchen table with a large upturned saucepan held tightly on his head

LOL.

That's not far from the truth.

I transform into a monster when stressed (or angry).

• I’ve been processing my autistic life for over two years, the more I slowly unravel my life, it just makes me realise how many of my family are autistic.

Yes, that's very interesting.

I am doing similar and in fact my great nephew is presently being assessed (at around 6 years) for autism ...

• The fact is, meltdowns affect us all differently, once we can’t control ourselves then that’s a meltdown. We all trigger differently and respond differently. My late father’s meltdowns were off the Richter scale, he would often have no memory of them afterwards. I’ve been processing my autistic life for over two years, the more I slowly unravel my life, it just makes me realise how many of my family are autistic.

It was a normal childhood to me, “ your mums been ‘sectioned’ again and your dads ’gone into one’. I thought all families were like mine. I would be sent to live with aunts who were blood relatives, guess what condition they had?

• My wife and I had ‘words’ recently, it ended with her going upstairs, my last remark was, “ don’t forget to slam the bedroom door!” I did unfortunately live to regret that remark.

You've just triggered a memory.

I lived for a while with my autistic friend, when we were partners.

One day we had a row and he went out.

I locked myself in the house with bolts so he couldn't get in and he was worried I'd done something 'silly' so he had to smash his own kitchen window to get in.

I felt very guilty after.

Luckily, it's many years since I got that emotional but I if I'm angry, I don't know what I'm doing - I just completely lose it.

Actually, my friend loses his temper really badly too and when we lived together in another house he ripped a shower rail and shower off the wall.

I hope your bedroom door is still intact ....

• I remember watching the cartoon, Taz the Tasmanian Devil. It could go from calm to warp 10 in a second. It would spin like a tornado and destroy all around it. It’s what I thought of when you mentioned a spinning top.

My wife and I had ‘words’ recently, it ended with her going upstairs, my last remark was, “ don’t forget to slam the bedroom door!” I did unfortunately live to regret that remark.

• I remember watching the cartoon, Taz the Tasmanian Devil. It could go from calm to warp 10 in a second. It would spin like a tornado and destroy all around it. It’s what I thought of when you mentioned a spinning top.

My wife and I had ‘words’ recently, it ended with her going upstairs, my last remark was, “ don’t forget to slam the bedroom door!” I did unfortunately live to regret that remark.

Children
  • I’ve been processing my autistic life for over two years, the more I slowly unravel my life, it just makes me realise how many of my family are autistic.

Yes, that's very interesting.

I am doing similar and in fact my great nephew is presently being assessed (at around 6 years) for autism ...

• The fact is, meltdowns affect us all differently, once we can’t control ourselves then that’s a meltdown. We all trigger differently and respond differently. My late father’s meltdowns were off the Richter scale, he would often have no memory of them afterwards. I’ve been processing my autistic life for over two years, the more I slowly unravel my life, it just makes me realise how many of my family are autistic.

It was a normal childhood to me, “ your mums been ‘sectioned’ again and your dads ’gone into one’. I thought all families were like mine. I would be sent to live with aunts who were blood relatives, guess what condition they had?

• My wife and I had ‘words’ recently, it ended with her going upstairs, my last remark was, “ don’t forget to slam the bedroom door!” I did unfortunately live to regret that remark.

You've just triggered a memory.

I lived for a while with my autistic friend, when we were partners.

One day we had a row and he went out.

I locked myself in the house with bolts so he couldn't get in and he was worried I'd done something 'silly' so he had to smash his own kitchen window to get in.

I felt very guilty after.

Luckily, it's many years since I got that emotional but I if I'm angry, I don't know what I'm doing - I just completely lose it.

Actually, my friend loses his temper really badly too and when we lived together in another house he ripped a shower rail and shower off the wall.

I hope your bedroom door is still intact ....