Shopping at Christmas time - uuurrrggghhhhh!!!

I've just returned from the shops Scream

I try to do all my Christmas shopping presents online or by voucher nowadays.

However, I had to go to buy lunch.

I get a Sainsburys delivery but the food was from S+M today, so needed to be done by hand.

S+M + TK Maxx - not too bad but already too busy a few minutes after opening.

Sainsburys - mad.  Totally mad.

People walking into me, shouting, standing far too close.

It opens at 11am and by 11.05am the large car park was full and people were driving around with no care whatsover.

I had a car at my heels (obviously desperate for a space) as I walked back to my car but I couldn't walk any faster as there were people in front.

Then, when I pulled out the car that wanted my space was sitting where I needed to drive to actually go anywhere.

People driving at 60mph in a 30mph zone.

It's bonkers.  It's still November.

Why do people have no consideration, awareness, manners or spacial awareness at this time of year?

Also, why do people drive so recklessly?

Parents
  • Welcome back Debbie Relaxed Your mention in the 'spare a thought' thread has tempted me out of hibernation too.

It's Black Friday weekend, so all the bargain hunters will be out in force with their sharpened elbows! I've been shopping a bit online but the deals are a con really, they just hike up the prices in advance to make it look like a reduction.

You wouldn't find me anywhere near shops on a weekend at this time of year Scream

I'll probably get a Sainsburys delivery for my pre Christmas food shop. They price match Aldi on a lot of things, so I can stock up on the cheap potatoes and veg without all the hassle of going to the stores and carrying everything.

In past years I have found that the best time to hit the supermarkets is the last couple of hours before closing on Christmas Eve. They  are generally deserted as everyone has already done their shopping and gone home. Whatever is left will usually be heavily discounted too as a bonus.

• Welcome back Debbie Relaxed Your mention in the 'spare a thought' thread has tempted me out of hibernation too.

It's Black Friday weekend, so all the bargain hunters will be out in force with their sharpened elbows! I've been shopping a bit online but the deals are a con really, they just hike up the prices in advance to make it look like a reduction.

You wouldn't find me anywhere near shops on a weekend at this time of year Scream

I'll probably get a Sainsburys delivery for my pre Christmas food shop. They price match Aldi on a lot of things, so I can stock up on the cheap potatoes and veg without all the hassle of going to the stores and carrying everything.

In past years I have found that the best time to hit the supermarkets is the last couple of hours before closing on Christmas Eve. They  are generally deserted as everyone has already done their shopping and gone home. Whatever is left will usually be heavily discounted too as a bonus.

Children
  • In past years I have found that the best time to hit the supermarkets is the last couple of hours before closing on Christmas Eve.

We went there for 7am last year Scream  to do the Xmas food shopping (some of it was online though).

• Oh no I forgot Black Friday was this weekend...I'm shopping this weekend the start of my mums Christmas shopping. Well this is the end of me then lololol JoySweat smile I'm going to take my earphones and hope it's not too busy and I survive the ordeal.

I wish my mum and dad would do online shopping as well. But they almost never do. You should do your shopping this weekend, online I mean I've seen loads of deals being advertised so it might be a great time to order.