I have had the same hairstyle since I was a child

- it never changes, I always leave my hair out and I don't feel comfortable wearing it up. It has to be left out. Is this a possible autistic trait too?

• Er, um, Nata, I'm a guy, I just went bald.

Ben

• Dusty was such a talented woman, I iked her music a lot. I still own a lot of her records.

Good for you for having the style you wanted. I can remember long ago when a lot of women had that very style. It was extremely popular at the time.

• I liked Dusty, she was an original.

Dusty at the Brits...

Ben

• I've been rocking a Dusty Springfield 60,s style haircut since around about 2011.

I was at secondary school at the time and realised how much I loved Dusty Springfield's music after hearing about her in music class.

The style was so out of fashion it got me mocked and bullied. I was already bullied for being autistic so a little more didn't hurt.

My friend said it suited me and I thought so too. I've been styling my hair like it ever since.

If you feel it then go with it Sunglasses

• I went bald when I was thirty, and have stayed bald ever since; however, as I am exceedingly handsome, I'm OK with it.

Ben

• When I was growing up, my mother had fairly short hair. For a long time, I feared that if my hair was short, I might look too much like her. As this was the last thing I wanted, I actively went out of my way to look as different as I could from her. The funny thing is that it's as though we have swapped places. At around the same time that I opted for shorter hair, my mother decided that she was better suited to having shoulder-length hair.

Each to their own is what I say. As with most things in life, I feel one has to go with whatever makes one feel happy and comfortable. Relaxed

• I had the same hairstyle right up until I was 16 - then I found after I changed it that I really disliked the sensation of hair getting in my face when out and about, when exercising etc. So now I change my hair quite frequently, but always gotta tie it up in some way unless it's a special event (and even then it's tied up until I get to the venue)

• I think it probably is an autistic trait, yes, it seems pretty common.

My hair has been just about every colour it could possibly be, but the cut has been the same for years and years.

• I was tempted to go short as styling long hair can be a bit of a pain but my mum used to cut it short and I always felt it didn't suit me.

My biggest problem with having long hair is that I chew it. A nasty stim I started in my teens and when I'm anxious it's my go to thing to do.

• Well we don't like change so yes, it's highly likely to be an autism thing. I've had the same hairstyle ever since I was allowed to be in charge of my hair. My mum gave me some brutal cuts as a child bless her. Lol.

Now I keep it long and brushed to style. I've had the same style since my early teens and I don't intend to change it again. 

• I think I am the opposite of you, regarding my hair. When I was younger, I liked to experiment with different hairstyles and lengths... right up until I became a mum and wanted a style that required minimal effort from me.

For the past few years, I've opted to keep my hair short, as once it reaches a certain length it just irritates the heck out of me. Once it gets to that stage, out come the hair clippers. 

• I was the same.

Same hairdo since I was 14, thirty years ago.