Unnecessary anxiety??

I am one of a few Jews living in a small Norfolk town. I already have strikes against me being an autistic American with no friends who has experienced my car being "keyed", having two tyres let down, damage to recently installed fencing on my driveway. Now with this Israelie war and an apparent widspread refusal in the UK population to condemn the barbaric attack by Hamas as reported on our News media --- am I being unnecessarily anxious?

Parents
  • I already have strikes against me being an autistic American

I rather think this is the reason some of the local scumbags find you worth tormenting - being American is often thought of as being an arrogant outsider.

I've not come across any anti-semitic ingrained dislike in the UK, at least no more than the usual dislike of anyone from a different origin / religeon / football team supporters club / ginger hair etc

I do see a lot of anti-Israeli sentiment from their long term treatment of Palestine and their theft of land that belongs to the Palestinians using the claim that one of their blokes heard God tel him it was theirs thousands of years ago. A bit convenient that.

Confusing the dislike of the behaviour of the State of Israel with the general persecution of Jews is a common tactic used by those looking to use the historical suffering of Jews as a shield for a truly aweful State government.

Since when did anti-semitic become so much worse than say anti-catholic in terms of it being evil? Why is one religion able to cause so much more damage to peoples reputation for labelling them as anti-semitic than say a protestant being anti-catholic?

At the end of the day I doubt anyone cares if you are Jewish, Hindu or Scientologist - behaving like an outsider in a small town society is much more likely to get you into peoples bad books in the UK.

• " Historical suffering" This is the exact excuse protestors in favour of the Palistinians are using to shield their lack of condemnation of the barbaric attack on thier premise of being the injured party through many years of  their terrorism sending out rocket bombardments.

" The promised land" --- NOBODY twisted the arms of all the UN members in 1948 to agree on the creation of the state of Israel (perhaps God did)

" behaving like an outsider" --- more like a consistant treatment as an outsider despite my efforts to socially intergrate.

• NOBODY twisted the arms of all the UN members in 1948 to agree on the creation of the state of Israel (perhaps God did)

en.wikipedia.org/.../Mandate_for_Palestine
    The Balfour Declaration was a public statement issued by the British government in 1917 during the First World War announcing its support for the establishment of a "national home for the Jewish people" in Palestine
    The declaration was contained in a letter dated 2 November 1917 from the United Kingdom's Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour to Lord Rothschild, a leader of the British Jewish community, for transmission to the Zionist Federation of Great Britain and Ireland.
    within two months a memorandum was circulated to the Cabinet by a Zionist Cabinet member, Herbert Samuel, proposing the support of Zionist ambitions in order to enlist the support of Jews in the wider war.

Britain had control over Palestine before and after WW2 which is why it was so central in creating this and encouraging the League of Nations to adopt it.

Looking through the detail around this, it looks as if there were a lot of jewish players influencing politicians throughout the process - an early version of the Jewish Lobby probably.

Am I adding 2 and 2 to get 5? I don't know but do your own research and draw your own conclusions.

• I am trying to raise the point that your particular perception, and the perceptions of both past and present experts on this matter may not be a Q.E.D. as it is all a matter of interpretation

On this we agree. Thank you for being rational and discussing openliy on what is a sensitive subject for many.

• I don't necessarily disagree with this particular conclusion. I have the time but not the inclination to delve into all the available data to develope my own conclusion.  I am trying to raise the point that your particular perception, and the perceptions of both past and present experts on this matter may not be a Q.E.D. as it is all a matter of interpretation.

On that note I will quietly tip toe away.

• this whole topic is in a superposition of many possible inputs at that time and is a rediculous waste of time to speculate on

There I feel we have to disagree.

There are plenty of facts at our disposal on the history of the situation and the behaviours of both sides. While the reasons for the origin are typically dubious and murky (from a political perspective) the actions of all sides speak volumes through the years.

Time and again each side has committed terrible crimes in the claim of self defence and called in aid from friendly powers (Iran for Palestine and USA for Israel in the latest round) to supply them with the tools to slaughter civilians and combatants alike.

All this is is clear view but each side only wants us to see the latest round of how terribly they suffered without noticing the terrible acts they did last month / last year etc. This is their knee jerk reaction and one you are parroting.

I honestly don't know what a solution looks like for them now but it appears a form of genocide of the Palestinian population is an appealing solution for Israel at the moment.

I was highlighting that this is a case of the abused becoming the abuser in plain sight and with the support of the USA.

I don't think our reaction here is knee jerk but looking at the bigger picture as the media is strongly influenced in favour of the latest vitctim at any point in time.

• this whole topic is in a superposition of many possible inputs at that time and is a rediculous waste of time to speculate on

There I feel we have to disagree.

There are plenty of facts at our disposal on the history of the situation and the behaviours of both sides. While the reasons for the origin are typically dubious and murky (from a political perspective) the actions of all sides speak volumes through the years.

Time and again each side has committed terrible crimes in the claim of self defence and called in aid from friendly powers (Iran for Palestine and USA for Israel in the latest round) to supply them with the tools to slaughter civilians and combatants alike.

All this is is clear view but each side only wants us to see the latest round of how terribly they suffered without noticing the terrible acts they did last month / last year etc. This is their knee jerk reaction and one you are parroting.

I honestly don't know what a solution looks like for them now but it appears a form of genocide of the Palestinian population is an appealing solution for Israel at the moment.

I was highlighting that this is a case of the abused becoming the abuser in plain sight and with the support of the USA.

I don't think our reaction here is knee jerk but looking at the bigger picture as the media is strongly influenced in favour of the latest vitctim at any point in time.

Children
  • I am trying to raise the point that your particular perception, and the perceptions of both past and present experts on this matter may not be a Q.E.D. as it is all a matter of interpretation

On this we agree. Thank you for being rational and discussing openliy on what is a sensitive subject for many.

• I don't necessarily disagree with this particular conclusion. I have the time but not the inclination to delve into all the available data to develope my own conclusion.  I am trying to raise the point that your particular perception, and the perceptions of both past and present experts on this matter may not be a Q.E.D. as it is all a matter of interpretation.

On that note I will quietly tip toe away.