Thinking of going private now

I had a call with my GP with going right to choose she agreed and said she sent the referral but the right to choose people have not received the referral and I emailed my GP surgery they insisting they sent it so I'm contemplating on just going private whatever the result maybe.

Parents
  • Just to chip in - I went private and don't regret it at all! it cost me £1,300 but I'd say it was worth it. I've not bothered going for an NHS one, I don't feel I need it. My employer accepted my private one and imagine nearly everywhere else would too. It only took about 2 months too!

• Thank you, I am thinking of getting assessed privately under psychiatry uk, and the whole assessment is online (which I am sceptical) but even with right to choose the assessment would have been online. I'm researching if the NHS will accept the diagnosis if it comes back positive by puk

• Thank you, I am thinking of getting assessed privately under psychiatry uk, and the whole assessment is online (which I am sceptical) but even with right to choose the assessment would have been online. I'm researching if the NHS will accept the diagnosis if it comes back positive by puk

Children
  • Psychiatry UK are a provider for the NHS so the diagnosis would be valid anyway. For ASD, it wouldn't matter if it was private or not, but if you get assessed for something that might need medication, like ADHD, if you don't have a referral from the NHS you won't be able to get an NHS prescription until you jump through several hoops. My friend is still waiting for hers as she struggles to complete paperwork.