Thinking of going private now

I had a call with my GP with going right to choose she agreed and said she sent the referral but the right to choose people have not received the referral and I emailed my GP surgery they insisting they sent it so I'm contemplating on just going private whatever the result maybe.

Parents
  • Just to chip in - I went private and don't regret it at all! it cost me £1,300 but I'd say it was worth it. I've not bothered going for an NHS one, I don't feel I need it. My employer accepted my private one and imagine nearly everywhere else would too. It only took about 2 months too!

• Just to chip in - I went private and don't regret it at all! it cost me £1,300 but I'd say it was worth it. I've not bothered going for an NHS one, I don't feel I need it. My employer accepted my private one and imagine nearly everywhere else would too. It only took about 2 months too!

Children
  • Thank you, I am thinking of getting assessed privately under psychiatry uk, and the whole assessment is online (which I am sceptical) but even with right to choose the assessment would have been online. I'm researching if the NHS will accept the diagnosis if it comes back positive by puk