Do you join cultural events? How do you enjoy them?

With the summer being here again, I'm a little sad about the fact that I can't enjoy all the cultural events or festivals that usually often happen in this season. People seem to be very excited about it, but the crowds and the loudness aren't something I can handle often. My friends want to be in what sounds like a blast of fun and creativity and art but it's for several days away from where I live so I can't just go there and back home whenever I want.

Do you join these events at all? Is there a plan, strategy or things that help you enjoy or survive them? 

Parents
  • I used to love festivals concerts etc and still do but just take part in things I really want to now. Im mostly just happy to be there as activities are somewhat restricted now.  I think age has got in the way a bit and lockdown had desensitised me to the masses. Also these days you have to queue for longer than i remember we used to and every thing is a rip off. God I sound old.  I love the togetherness of gigs. I used to go with the flow. Now I want somewhere to sit and easy access to facilities. I go with someone who understands i hsve fewer spoons than i used to so we always plan how to get there, what the eating arrangements will be, if theres somewhere to sit etc. Earplugs in case I need a break. I did a meditation the other day in a pub of football fans. Just popped earplugs in and closed my eyes. Crowds at gigs never bothered me but I struggle in places like supermarkets. Contradiction! Dont make yourself go if you don't like it but if you worked yourself around it you might find some enjoyment. 

• At the Gig, in Manchester, I was at three months ago everyone was either drinking or on a smartphone. While I wanted to record a clip of the singer, for my cleaner, I felt uncomfortable.

• I think pretty much everyone at a gig isn't paying attention to what anyone else is doing so I'm sure you would've been fine! 

• Deleted because I feel uncomfortable with what I said. If only we could do that in real life!

• I went to Download in '16 and it wasn't like it then but I have noticed in uploaded footage of festivals since that almost everyone is focused on filming rather than watching it 1st hand. Not just the one who uploaded it but presumably the same footage bar 2ft in another direction is also uploaded somewhere like what is even the point it's not unique footage it's just a sad attempt at going viral or to prove to strangers on the internet who don't really care about you that you have an "interesting" life rather than just being there and enjoying it. (Gonna add a copy of this to the "things you don't understand" thread now.)

• I went to Download in '16 and it wasn't like it then but I have noticed in uploaded footage of festivals since that almost everyone is focused on filming rather than watching it 1st hand. Not just the one who uploaded it but presumably the same footage bar 2ft in another direction is also uploaded somewhere like what is even the point it's not unique footage it's just a sad attempt at going viral or to prove to strangers on the internet who don't really care about you that you have an "interesting" life rather than just being there and enjoying it. (Gonna add a copy of this to the "things you don't understand" thread now.)

Children