Do you join cultural events? How do you enjoy them?

With the summer being here again, I'm a little sad about the fact that I can't enjoy all the cultural events or festivals that usually often happen in this season. People seem to be very excited about it, but the crowds and the loudness aren't something I can handle often. My friends want to be in what sounds like a blast of fun and creativity and art but it's for several days away from where I live so I can't just go there and back home whenever I want.

Do you join these events at all? Is there a plan, strategy or things that help you enjoy or survive them? 

Parents
  • I used to love festivals concerts etc and still do but just take part in things I really want to now. Im mostly just happy to be there as activities are somewhat restricted now.  I think age has got in the way a bit and lockdown had desensitised me to the masses. Also these days you have to queue for longer than i remember we used to and every thing is a rip off. God I sound old.  I love the togetherness of gigs. I used to go with the flow. Now I want somewhere to sit and easy access to facilities. I go with someone who understands i hsve fewer spoons than i used to so we always plan how to get there, what the eating arrangements will be, if theres somewhere to sit etc. Earplugs in case I need a break. I did a meditation the other day in a pub of football fans. Just popped earplugs in and closed my eyes. Crowds at gigs never bothered me but I struggle in places like supermarkets. Contradiction! Dont make yourself go if you don't like it but if you worked yourself around it you might find some enjoyment. 

• I used to love festivals concerts etc and still do but just take part in things I really want to now. Im mostly just happy to be there as activities are somewhat restricted now.  I think age has got in the way a bit and lockdown had desensitised me to the masses. Also these days you have to queue for longer than i remember we used to and every thing is a rip off. God I sound old.  I love the togetherness of gigs. I used to go with the flow. Now I want somewhere to sit and easy access to facilities. I go with someone who understands i hsve fewer spoons than i used to so we always plan how to get there, what the eating arrangements will be, if theres somewhere to sit etc. Earplugs in case I need a break. I did a meditation the other day in a pub of football fans. Just popped earplugs in and closed my eyes. Crowds at gigs never bothered me but I struggle in places like supermarkets. Contradiction! Dont make yourself go if you don't like it but if you worked yourself around it you might find some enjoyment. 

Children