What's on your bucket list?

I'm in a dreamy mood, idk what that means but I know that I would like to read what you have in your bucket list? Dreams? Doesn't have to be achievable.

I want to see every place in the world, taste each food, hear every language.

I want to live for a while in a jungle with tribal community, like real tribe that doesn't eat human meat. They could give me a tattoo in their very old tools and teach me something about nature.

I want to live near the coast, have a garden and few animals.

I want to visit Mars.

I want to write a book that influences people and make positive change in the world.

Can't remember the rest of my dreams at the moment, please tell me yours 

I have just realised that the discussion exists before. Sorry for the repetition. I'll just go there and read the bucket lists

Parents
  • Apart from being able to retire ASAP and move to a cheaper area, which is in our plans , almost everything on my list involves my obsession of aircraft, airports, aircraft museums etc. Off to the worlds biggest airshow in the US in July, been wanting to go there since I was a kid. Wan't to go the Russia (but not until there are big changes obviously) and some other places in the US. Retiring to Spain was on the list but Brexit screwed that. Would also love to go to nashville and listern to country music. 

I have achieved some things on my list, had two books published, managed to avoid having kids, and amazingly managed to make most people think I am 'normal' too LOL!

• 2 books? Impressive. I find writing only one such a big deal. Mainly, not sure how form my experience into something useful to the world. Still figuring that out. Can I ask what are they about?

Reply Children
  • Hi they are about the history of my local airport. One a general history and one more specific about WW2 era. Probabably sold around 3000 all in and got' book of the month' in one of the aviation magazines. I had a lot of free time then (2012-2017) but it was a labour of love. Consequently I am not the airports go to guy on historical stuff and have represented them in planning enquires. It is the only thing that I can say my ASD actually helped on. Loved spending days at the National Archives and really digging deep in stuff. 

I would say it helped that I had been reading books on planes since I could read, its all I read really apart from 20th century history. First book I am not proud of as the publisher was a night mare and didn't get it proof read. My spelling and grammar are awfull and that shows. Went to a friend for the second book and very proud of that one. Was going to do a follow up but my friend passed away last year so don't have a publisher.

I think you have to have a massive passion for the subject to get you through the times that writing is difficult. My dad was into planes too and when he took me to the airport as a kid that was my happy place as I wasn't bullied there and the adults were nice to me. So writing a book about my happy place was a real passion.

Rob