What's on your bucket list?

I'm in a dreamy mood, idk what that means but I know that I would like to read what you have in your bucket list? Dreams? Doesn't have to be achievable.

I want to see every place in the world, taste each food, hear every language.

I want to live for a while in a jungle with tribal community, like real tribe that doesn't eat human meat. They could give me a tattoo in their very old tools and teach me something about nature.

I want to live near the coast, have a garden and few animals.

I want to visit Mars.

I want to write a book that influences people and make positive change in the world.

Can't remember the rest of my dreams at the moment, please tell me yours 

I have just realised that the discussion exists before. Sorry for the repetition. I'll just go there and read the bucket lists

• I had beer before not bad

• I always wanted to go to a chiefs game someday  or chiefs training camp also see the northern lights too

• Yeah I have learning how to ride a horse there too 

• Good luck.

I live in Cornwall, beautiful place to live.

• I would like to have my assessment before I look like and am the age of Davros.

Always wanted to travel across Canada on a panoramic train.

A house in Cornwall which hopefully will happen soon.

• I hope you get to do that.

I've not flown before but my grandad used to fly with the RAF.

• A narrow boat gives you a new and different garden outside every time you move the boat.

If anyone wants to operate a NB around the Warwickshire ring and you want a capable engineer who can maintain or fix everything on a NB, I might be worth talking to. I haven't got any money though and it costs about 1000 quid a year in fees and licences just to use the canal, and twice that for a secure mooring.

Plus insurance if you like to do things properly.

That's why twice in the last year I have declined to buy a 40+ foot narrowboat for £1.5K when offered, despite knowing it to be a fabulous experience. (mostly) The fixed costs are like "rent". and I only want to be on the water every other weekend, maximum. 

• 1) Buy my house.

2) Publish my book.

3) Open my own autism support centre.

4) Get married.

5) Learn to drive.

• Small car fits in the back with a bit of ingenuity, which is why I look at race transporters. When teh car is out you have a large space in which to set your table or what have you. 

• Quite the opposite actually, I like using my van not looking at it (or particularly) maintaining it. 

It's moved so far, (in no particular order) a generator, a concrete garage, some engines and hydrauilic power packs, a compressor, a 1200 litre tank on a trailer (trailer wasn't towable so we put it on the back with the crane and a bit of muscle augmentation as it was on the limit...  An anvil (twice) and a lot of rubbish, and raw material for my fuel briquettes making excercise.. 

There is a special sort of person who can live in a very small space like the back of a van, but really, you need to be able to MOVE about a bit sometimes. Then there is the cost. Insurance and FIXED running costs are a big part of the deal with a vehicle, and high fuel consumption is often cited as a big no-no, but the insurance cost for a horsebox is about 250 quid a year, and I got a similar cost estimate for private use on a 7.5 tonne box body. You can actually LIVE in such a thing rather than exist.  

But I get your drift. There are many ways to think, and mine is no better than any one else's. 

But I've dipped into narrowboat life, done a fair bit of improv sleeping/brief periods of living outside of regular housing, and I want a comfy large sleeping area, and a decent washing facility and a cooking area and a sitting down reading /entertaining (gasp!) area, and I want it to be cleanable, and that requires "area"..

That's why an RV is the size it is... 

With a horse box or ex race truck owned by half decent people you get most of an RV worth of facilities for the cost of a used car, with cheap insurance, and large car running costs, if you don't go bonkers. 

• I might never do this one, because I'm sure I'd fail many health checks, but

I'd really like to learn to fly a helicopter at some point.

I don't think it would be a particularly useful skill, I just think it would be a cool one to have.

Also compete with a dog at dog agility.

• Well, I think it's more convenient to buy two separate things. A car for everyday that can pull a small place for sleeping and eating that can be attached to it when needed. It doesn't make much sense to me to buy a huge vehicle that isn't practical at all in the city and park it to use it only in one season. 

• It took me even longer, only got it at the mention of Hyacinth. As for an actual bucket list, it could take longer.

• I'm sure you are right in all you say, but I think it is horses for courses!

If you had expressed a desire for a "camper van", then I would most certainly have recommended (for you) a 3.5t Merc that you could chop/extend/segment...because I strongly suspect you would probably have more fun getting it ready to use / testing for use than ever using it?!

I suspect Ree would be more likely to want to buy a small flexible vehicle that you can drive, sleep in and cook in - and would then use for that purpose.

This has all reminded me of a beautiful soul whom I once met at a motorway services in the parking lot. [Dodgy opening to any anecdote!] They had a plain white Luton van....but when the back door was raised, it looked like the facade of a Swiss mountain cabin.  It was very lovely and clever inside.

• Number, for 3-5K you can get a Horsebox, prisoner transport or race transporter, all of which offer palatial living accomodation, and are essentially much more fixable & durable over the long term.

One of my (very few, considering) "great regrets" is that when offered a serviceable mercedes atego 7.5tonne with TWO demountable boxes, one fitted as a stores and one as workshop (for £2K) I had NOWHERE to put it.

However I did eventually land me a more modest 3.5 tonne truck with a 500Kg craney thing and a dropside flatbed, which when I can solve the "where do I put them when not in use" problem, would allow me to load a tiny house or small workshop on the back a-la-thunderbird 2, IF I can solve the insurance issues that currently are dogging my project.

I seem to have lucked into a source of 8x4 panels made of a composite and durable plastic, sometimes with embedded aluminium "faraday cage" suitable foil fitted to wooden frames, which seem ideal for building lightweight durable structures which will fit in the space on the back of my truck, quickly and easily.

I've just had a quick measure I have 2x2.3 metres to make my boxes (too small for a tiny home methinks, BUT my mate has a relative who built a house in a skip, so I'll be talking to him later..)

• And if you are mechanically inclined, you'll need some shims... 

• That's a pretty good list tbh,
    oh re: 3. Lochinver is nice btw, a bit cold, but nice.

• I really like the boat part. Maybe it's even better than having a house at the coast, or maybe both wouldn't be a big deal either hehe

• Incredible. I was thinking about deviding it into 2 pieces, one for the housing and the other as the regular everyday car, which I don't have hehe. I was thinking about buying the housing part as very old box on wheels and doing the interior myself since I do like to design stuff and since my preferences aren't always the same as "the standard" ones. But 3-5 K sounds even cheaper!. The ones that I checked online, new ones, aren't anywhere less than 10K.