Poetry/prose sharing

This is a thread that has come out of a discussion between myself and Steven.

We have had 2 other shared threads that have come about in this way: Paranormal and Creative.

Please share your poetry, either something you have written, or one that you like/has meaning to you.

Prose is welcome too.

Here's my contribution from Yeats for starters:

He wishes for the Cloths of Heaven: Yeats

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Parents
  • One of mine... which on another thread I mentioned to  and the departed Goosey...

Dragon

Sleep, soft as Ages, Silent, antique tombs of men,

Of King's kin, Giants, long unsung, un-kenned,

Earth-eaten in every-night lie. Gold dimmed,

far from Sun's gaze - He is Lord here.

Light at last comes, Unbidden, Blade-Bright.

Life at last comes - Earth-flowers blossom

Rare in radiant hues revealed, Gold-gleam mirrors

In Man's eye, mute in awe, Marauder of His hoard-hall.

Slow-waking, world wary, Silver-eye too late sees

His loss, loved grail of Old, of gold-ringed Kings.

Beneath Day's bitter gaze He bides, for Moon's sight seeks

stalking scattered stillness, He in grief and sorrow sings.

Stealthy Night comes in, fierce friend of flame-joy risen, Fearless flight

of blazed wing borne above. Battle-bold, through Star-sea sails

With fiery trail, vengeance fixed, for heart's trove taken.

Bright as Summer's sun, burn the halls of Men. 

• That’s exceeds my ability to perceive just how good it is, so I’m in awe, a new bar has been set..Innocent

• Nerd I'm pleased you like it! 

I am a bad judge of my own work, I can never tell... 

In this case, I am definitely on the dragon's side! 

• ClapClapClap Excellent! Joy

The BURGLAR is lucky to have you on his side! 

The defence understands that due to the high level of publicity received by the dragon since the start of this case, he has accepted a contract for a 3 x movie deal and is now so rich that he's actually grateful to the potential burglar.. 

In the circumstances, he may keep the Ming vase... 

• Objection! Speculation! The prosecution couldn’t have know that the ‘home’, which the dragon had previously commandeered from the dwarfs, was broken into, owing to the damage that the dragon has caused upon entry into the ‘home’!  

My client, the defendant, had thought the property was occupied by squatters, and had endeavoured to help those in need of the word of the lord.. he is innocent of these spurious allegations.. and is very brave to have give testimony here today, despite the psychological distress, caused by the dragon in this case!

It was the dragon’s vicious-flurry of igneous-breath, that caused that Ming vase to land in my clients satchel, my client was merely saving it permanently from harm!

• Joy Malicious?? MALICIOUS??

That dragon - surely one of God's creatures himself - was sleeping! Absolutely minding his own business, guarding treasure- which, let's be honest here, is totally in his job description. 

Sleeping, minding his business, doing his job, when this BURGLAR broke into his home! 

The dragon is the injured party here and the burglar owes him compensation of... let's say a thousand leaflets, which should be easy for a door-to-door salesman..

If they didn't all get burned in the fire... 

• Have I discovered ultimate dragon-slayer strat’..?

Hmm... Thinking

• And wasn’t it Jesus that said ‘where one door closed, god opens a window’, this man was an upstanding-faithful citizen! And this malicious BEAST cut him down!! Sob ..

Batteries sold separately, from Bandai, terms and conditions apply..

• If you can prove the break part and the intention to enter for unlawful reasons..

Have I discovered ultimate dragon-slayer strat’..?!Thinking

• Well if he never managed to burgle anything, before being caught, he’s just a innocent-trespasser

Joy

Breaking and Entering, 6 years in jail...  

• Well if he never managed to burgle anything, before being caught, he’s just a innocent-trespasser.. if the dragon caught him in the halls, he’d never have managed to complete the act.. THUS.. the dragon is the only criminal..

The dragon owes the burglar 1million gold pieces in reparations, for the harm done, plus lost labour as he is unable to continue his small-business forever. Which was dedicated to bringing the community closer to Jesus Christ, through door-to-door charity-work, totally innocently..Cry

• Laughing It's illegal to BE a burglar! 

Looks like he's in trouble either way! 

• It’s illegal to attack a burglar, sooo, that law suit would cost the dragon his hoard..Sunglasses

So let’s hope the burglar survived to tell the FEDS!!

• Let's hope he wasn't in the hall when the fires started...

Reply Children
  • ClapClapClap Excellent! Joy

The BURGLAR is lucky to have you on his side! 

The defence understands that due to the high level of publicity received by the dragon since the start of this case, he has accepted a contract for a 3 x movie deal and is now so rich that he's actually grateful to the potential burglar.. 

In the circumstances, he may keep the Ming vase... 

• Objection! Speculation! The prosecution couldn’t have know that the ‘home’, which the dragon had previously commandeered from the dwarfs, was broken into, owing to the damage that the dragon has caused upon entry into the ‘home’!  

My client, the defendant, had thought the property was occupied by squatters, and had endeavoured to help those in need of the word of the lord.. he is innocent of these spurious allegations.. and is very brave to have give testimony here today, despite the psychological distress, caused by the dragon in this case!

It was the dragon’s vicious-flurry of igneous-breath, that caused that Ming vase to land in my clients satchel, my client was merely saving it permanently from harm!

• Joy Malicious?? MALICIOUS??

That dragon - surely one of God's creatures himself - was sleeping! Absolutely minding his own business, guarding treasure- which, let's be honest here, is totally in his job description. 

Sleeping, minding his business, doing his job, when this BURGLAR broke into his home! 

The dragon is the injured party here and the burglar owes him compensation of... let's say a thousand leaflets, which should be easy for a door-to-door salesman..

If they didn't all get burned in the fire... 

• Have I discovered ultimate dragon-slayer strat’..?

Hmm... Thinking

• And wasn’t it Jesus that said ‘where one door closed, god opens a window’, this man was an upstanding-faithful citizen! And this malicious BEAST cut him down!! Sob ..

Batteries sold separately, from Bandai, terms and conditions apply..

• If you can prove the break part and the intention to enter for unlawful reasons..

Have I discovered ultimate dragon-slayer strat’..?!Thinking

• Well if he never managed to burgle anything, before being caught, he’s just a innocent-trespasser

Joy

Breaking and Entering, 6 years in jail...  

• Well if he never managed to burgle anything, before being caught, he’s just a innocent-trespasser.. if the dragon caught him in the halls, he’d never have managed to complete the act.. THUS.. the dragon is the only criminal..

The dragon owes the burglar 1million gold pieces in reparations, for the harm done, plus lost labour as he is unable to continue his small-business forever. Which was dedicated to bringing the community closer to Jesus Christ, through door-to-door charity-work, totally innocently..Cry

• Laughing It's illegal to BE a burglar! 

Looks like he's in trouble either way! 

• It’s illegal to attack a burglar, sooo, that law suit would cost the dragon his hoard..Sunglasses

So let’s hope the burglar survived to tell the FEDS!!