autistic venn diagrams

hi everyone,

i was just wondering if anyone was aware of the venn diagram between autism and the following things:

1) autism and veganism

2) autism and animal rights activism

2) autism and non-cisgendered gender identity

3) autism and queerness

i'm interested in the correlations/stats around this and any information about it that is out there.

thanks!

peter.

Parents
  • I would be cautious about any 'evidence' of a correlation between autism and non-cisgendered identity, and one of victim groups of children being coerced into claiming trans identity is confused autistic children.

We all know how baffelling the world is when you are autistic, thinking there is something wrong with you ... and along comes an activist who tells you being trans will solve all your concerns ... with life destroying consequences for many.

And i should add, that the actual trans people are also victims of the 'trans ideology' as pushed by the activists.

• along comes an activist who tells you being trans will solve all your concerns ... with life destroying consequences for many.

And i should add, that the actual trans people are also victims of the 'trans ideology' as pushed by the activists.

These were your words Touay. You are derailing the post by saying that there is a trans ideology, that trans people are victims of this ideology and that activists have an ideology that they are imposing on people and destroying their lives. I don't know where you got this information from but it is simply incorrect. There have always been trans people, just as there have always been autistic people. If someone said to you that autism activists told you that being autistic would solve all your problems, that there's an autism ideology, that you are a victim of autism ideology, how would you feel? Can you see why people are upset about what you said? 

Peter was asking for information about correlation between autism and other identities, he wasn't asking for personal opinions about what you think about an identity. 

• along comes an activist who tells you being trans will solve all your concerns ... with life destroying consequences for many.

These were your words Touay. You are derailing the post by saying that there is a trans ideology, that trans people are victims of this ideology and that activists have an ideology that they are imposing on people and destroying their lives. I don't know where you got this information from but it is simply incorrect. There have always been trans people, just as there have always been autistic people. If someone said to you that autism activists told you that being autistic would solve all your problems, that there's an autism ideology, that you are a victim of autism ideology, how would you feel? Can you see why people are upset about what you said? 

Peter was asking for information about correlation between autism and other identities, he wasn't asking for personal opinions about what you think about an identity. 

Children
  • It wasn't an accusation. You did say confused autistic children being coerced by trans activists. Saying that vulnerable children are being coerced is not correct. You then go on to say it yet again. 

Trans people have to fight to exist. Trans people are discriminated against. You might think there's a plan by "fake" trans people to push some kind of agenda and of course that's up to you. I asked you to consider how you would feel if the word "trans" was replaced with "autistic". This is a public forum and in any community there will be members that are LQBTQA. You're not being victimised because some people are kicking back against what you said, which is your opinion and not fact, even if there are some "reports" that back up your opinion. I could say that there's a far right Christian ideology to make all children heterosexual, giving examples of gay conversion therapy, medical care being banned, school policies on youth and sex education, books banned, drag acts banned, etc., etc., Oh, wait! Isn't that actually reality? It's not on lgbtqa people to prove they are worthy of existing and have rights because someone brings up the worst examples of a person's behaviour that happens to be trans, just as it's not on heterosexual people to prove they have the right to exist and have rights if a person behaves badly and they happen to be heterosexual. You're not being victimsed or hated on because some people point out the fallacy of your argument. 

• TLDR on that other post, AuDHD aint got spoons for that, but why do you think anyone would be daft enough to go extra against the grain if they weren't already doing so off their own back because that's just how they naturally are, as if being mariginalised and putting yourself even more in the firing line of bigots was some kind of cushy "lifestyle"?
    Also adults are struggling to transition, even if it was logistically possible nobody is transitioning kids, that's just an outright lie and if you are gonna claim that nonsense again you are gonna have to back it up with sources from respectable medical journals that aren't funded by bias parties. You are welcome here as an autist but you don't get to come in here and disrespect this whole community by trying to sell us lies about other or further marginalised people in this community and smear our allies unchallenged, that's just not cricket.

• The problem is, these confused kids are desperately lonely and unable to understand why they do not fit it and manage with other people.  Along comes an activist and tells them they are trans ... and as soon as the kids says ok, they are showered with praise by everyone ... they social pressure then means they are trapped an have to maintain the lie. there a videos on line (YT) by some of these people describing what happened.
    So no, they do not have a gun to their heads, it is social pressure .. which is why i say 'coerced'.

And as I said in the post you replied to, if someone wants to be trans ... GO FOR IT ... whatever makes you happy.  Lets just be sure that the reason we are transitioning kids is because it will benefit them and not that it will forward the ideology of those pushing it.

• No ones forcing kids to be trans. It's personal choice man.

If someone wants to be a different gender its there call. No ones forcing them its their choice

And it makes them happy so why shouldn't it be celebrated?

• hmm. i did post a clarification in reply to bees, but it isn't showing.... i don't know why.
    even so. you posted as an accusation against me;  "he wasn't asking for personal opinions about what you think about an identity."

I have not posted such an opinion have i?  had i done so, you would have posted it.

so. 1 false accusation down.

People aren't confused. They know who they are. It's patronising to suggest that an autistic trans person couldn't have realised that on their own.

Again, when i have suggested that? nowhere .... what i said was about confused autistic kids being coerced... and those are the reports i have seen.

so that is two false accusations. .. and the others are along the same lines..... pretend I said something i didn't and have a go at me.

As for the clarification, i will try again and we shall see if this disappears also.

There is a difference between an individual, a group and an ideology.  I use the term 'trans ideology' as that is the common term for it. What is perhaps a more accurate description is cult.
    'trans ideology' does not imply that the advocates of it are trans. most of those pushing it, are not trans.  

What it refers to is the treatment of the trans issue as something other than a "simple" medical problem like anything else.  there is no moral weight to being trans, it doesn't make you a better or worse person, and yet the many on the political activist left have adopted the issue as a matter of faith, a shibboleth.
    this is why we have seen fake trans people trying to use a trans identity for personal gain, e.g. as cover for their sexual perversions like Jessica Yaniv or simply to gain fame like Dylan Mulvaney.

If someone is trans, i genuinely do not care one way or the other. you do you...
    What I care about, and why the original post is relevant to the thread, is that we are seeing activists pushing kids towards claiming to be trans if they express confusion about themselves and how they fit in. This would skew the statistical relationship between autism and trans identity.

And when it gets worse .. the kid from texas whose mother is pushing to be trans as a means of getting back at the childs father.  she is not the biological mother.   She is getting back at her ex husband by having his son castrated. absolutely disgusting.   And how do we know it is an ideology? ... the left campaigned for years (correctly) that genital mutilation of children is absolutely wrong ... but now it is not only ok, it is to be celebrated! 

Again, if someone wants to be trans, great, ... truly ... whatever makes you happy ... but pushing it on kids in a manner that looks to me to be motivated not by concern for their welfare, but by a desire to be seen to be conforming to the cult ideology ... no.

• Your entire first post was about confused autistic children being coerced into claiming trans identity by activists with trans ideology.

one of victim groups of children being coerced into claiming trans identity is confused autistic children.
    actual trans people are also victims of the 'trans ideology' as pushed by the activists.

You've been asked for clarification and haven't given any, and then you accuse people that are saying that trans people know their own minds that we are lying and abusive. Where is the evidence that I am lying, hateful and abusive towards you? 

• Please post any statement I have made that is "what I think about an identity".
    When you find you cannot ... you will understand how disappointed I am with all those who have been lying about what I have said merely as an excuse to be abusive.

• I don't think there's any good faith in what Touay is saying tbh, best just ignore it now. I found those sources disproving what they said anyway from INSAR via Uni of Cambridge. You can read them below.

• Could you explain what lie I have told, and how I have thrown hate at you, please? I want to make sure I have understood. 

• Lies won't magically become true just because you repeat them. Nice try, won't work.

• Peter was asking for information about correlation between autism and other identities, he wasn't asking for personal opinions about what you think about an identity.

And I never gave any.
    'off topic' is, as you have done, lying about what i said so you have an excuse to throw hate at me.

• Quite right, maybe we should get back on track now with the intended purpose of the original post. I believe Cat Peter is asking for sources so if I happen to find the info I'll be back with it later.