Rule 4 - Be Nice

So another thread relating to trans rights has been locked under Rule 4 ‘Be Nice’ , but shouldn’t hatred directed at trans people be actually deleted? The thread was going really well with lots of trans, gender fluid and queer people supporting each other, but as usual the cis hets dive in to invalidate us. The mod response is not to target the prejudice but to lock the entire thread! This is wrong. Can we trans and queer and pride people on the spectrum not have a safe space here? I know the mods have a policy of non-deletion but this is wrong, were racist comments being made I’m sure they’d pounce on that pdq, but hate against trans people is unchallenged and left to stand. Apalling of you NAS!

Parents Reply
  • It's true, I myself am a centre left libertarian, for example I don't think it should be so that people can be punished by green tax when going into cities, not everyone wants one of these ugly new computers on wheels but the solution should be  a subsidy to have older less fuel efficient engines refitted with younger performance comparabe model compatible models with a better fuel consumption and improved emissions. It's not right that historical models can be lovingly cared for for decades only to potentially be legislated off the road, which by means of forcing people to give up their property against their will effectively creates a legal form of theft committed by the government against the public. But that's a wholly another subject and I'll only mention it this once here to illustrate a point, it's not an invitation to take the topic of this thread off track.
    Bottom line is, I'm not interested in being the thought police, 1984 no thanks, but free speech was intened to be held as a right for the public to be free to criticise their governments without reprisal not to allow hate speech against minority groups. Also as a privately run site with rules* set out as terms for joining the quashing of hatespeech on this forum could never interfere with someone's right to expression as doing so doesn't prohibit or physically stop them from making their own sites to use as a platform to say whatever they like without moderation.
    * And rules once set must be enforced and adhered to equally in order to be fair to all the users on this site.

Children