Rule 4 - Be Nice

So another thread relating to trans rights has been locked under Rule 4 ‘Be Nice’ , but shouldn’t hatred directed at trans people be actually deleted? The thread was going really well with lots of trans, gender fluid and queer people supporting each other, but as usual the cis hets dive in to invalidate us. The mod response is not to target the prejudice but to lock the entire thread! This is wrong. Can we trans and queer and pride people on the spectrum not have a safe space here? I know the mods have a policy of non-deletion but this is wrong, were racist comments being made I’m sure they’d pounce on that pdq, but hate against trans people is unchallenged and left to stand. Apalling of you NAS!

Parents
  • Racism was allowed on here for a while also.

I think i tend towards free speech absolutism as this will protect the rights of the vulnerable to speak and help us in the long run.

• I’ve generally read “free speech absolutism” as short hand for the alt right, Trump obsessed, Q-Anon vitriol directed at everyone who non-conforms to their religion based stereotypes, are you going to disprove me?

• Well i'm none of those things.  I would say that the position is extremely Libertarian.  And of course there are Libertarians on the Left as well as the Right.

• "It seems that a small group of very strident people think they have special rights and must be treated with the utmost respect whilst they reserve the right to pillory anyone else who does not fit their fantastic world view. "

Doesn't it just.

• You didn't make ME feel very welcome here, two years ago did you?

Now you are back from your two year sabbatical, I hope you really did learn not to express open hatred for someone's point of view, and try to have them excluded, as your post would suggest you have learned.

You never expressed any remorse, or offered an apology, in the two years since that happened so who knows?

It seems that a small group of very strident people think they have special rights and must be treated with the utmost respect whilst they reserve the right to pillory anyone else who does not fit their fantastic world view. 

• You didn't make ME feel very welcome here, two years ago did you?

Now you are back from your two year sabbatical, I hope you really did learn not to express open hatred for someone's point of view, and try to have them excluded, as your post would suggest you have learned.

You never expressed any remorse, or offered an apology, in the two years since that happened so who knows?

It seems that a small group of very strident people think they have special rights and must be treated with the utmost respect whilst they reserve the right to pillory anyone else who does not fit their fantastic world view. 

Children
  • "It seems that a small group of very strident people think they have special rights and must be treated with the utmost respect whilst they reserve the right to pillory anyone else who does not fit their fantastic world view. "

Doesn't it just.