Are politics aloud to be discussed openly or do mods sensor that topic to lol or are politics only aloud be discussed so long as your left or a liberal like most other social media sites. If so then this site can ******* [edited by moderator]

In a country where you have freedom speach I don't care to be sensored by mods I just find it ironic how we claim to think differently and that are autism does mean we're not all the same yet only the same opinions or same stories seem to be acceptable. Find this site some what hypercritcal at times. Also how come people are aloud to come in and preach religion to us yet were not aloud to discuss weather we don't believe in it or not and are reasons for why we don't. 

Parents
  • And this is why this forum is a clearly a bad idea and doesn't work genuinely couldn't care less I'll go be autistic by myself cause cause forums are yet more cleeks of same minds think a like if one person is different or had its own mind set then clearly that person's opinions are not tolerated or there not one of us and maybe your right maybe I'm not one of you but I sure he'll no one thing and that's that I am autistic and I'm more than intitled to my own opinion.  Good riddance I guess. I'll stand on my own two feet. This forums just as trible as NTs are personally I see no difference.

• Lot of complaining and trauma on this thread. I wrote the thread below for exactly this situation:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/mental-health-and-wellbeing/24972/forum-survival-advice

Now you COULD bail out, like many do when confronted by argument, or you could try and get your head around what a fair few people here are trying to tell you.

This forum is here to serve the Autistic community, and help us see ourselves and work out how to deal with our problems and advantages. It simply isn't a politics forum, and as we've seen a few times, "politics" is very stressful and upsetting for a lot of people.  

BUT you CAN also have your cake and eat it, like I do.

I do "Autism" here, (mostly, I'm old and tend to ramble) and "politics" elsewhere. Although it has softened enormously in recent years, ZeroHedge still is a mighty fine place to go and do politics in their comments section, which still has some of the "fightclub" mentality left.

The forum survival advice I've given applies to any and all the forums I've been on over the last decade or so, and will make you stronger and allow you to survive with your mental equilibrium intact when others are being "frustrating".

In real life, you would undoubtedly have considerable prescence simply by getting visibly annoyed, on the internet it is different. It's all mind games, and aggressiveness is a fatal weakness. You see that on the hedge, all the time. (That's why I used to go there, it was an immense learning experience on how to deal with annoying bast- well, you know what I mean... 

Being "nice and understanding of others" isn't a weakness, it's both a defense and also a weapon... 

It's also a lot more FUN. 

And never forget it's possible for you to have got the wrong end of the stick, either because someone used imprecise or difficult language or simply because you read what you expected not what was actually there. 

I had to tell someone several times a while back (on a different, mercifully vanished, thread) that I did not pay anything at all for my personal "wayseer" experience, not a single penny, yet still they didn't get what I was trying to say, and kept banging on about my "foolishness"!

I could have been rude, (Whoever it was, was being really "dense" and persistent about my supposed giving my money to the guy in question, and I'd already come to regret starting that particular thread without revisiting the website to check it out first.) but what would have been the point?

I'm sure the guy wasn't "shining me on", he just hadn't read one post properly, and consequently thought me to be a fool easily parted from his money. It can be a LOT of effort to shift that sort of idea, and if I'd really pushed the point home with brutally clear language, the other guy would experience feelings worse than my brief annoyance. This is an AUTISM forum, not fightclub, I can just let it slide...

When I fancy a challenge like that, I just go to a different forum and find myself a "Flat earther", they can be endless fun...

• Lot of complaining and trauma on this thread. I wrote the thread below for exactly this situation:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/mental-health-and-wellbeing/24972/forum-survival-advice

Now you COULD bail out, like many do when confronted by argument, or you could try and get your head around what a fair few people here are trying to tell you.

This forum is here to serve the Autistic community, and help us see ourselves and work out how to deal with our problems and advantages. It simply isn't a politics forum, and as we've seen a few times, "politics" is very stressful and upsetting for a lot of people.  

BUT you CAN also have your cake and eat it, like I do.

I do "Autism" here, (mostly, I'm old and tend to ramble) and "politics" elsewhere. Although it has softened enormously in recent years, ZeroHedge still is a mighty fine place to go and do politics in their comments section, which still has some of the "fightclub" mentality left.

The forum survival advice I've given applies to any and all the forums I've been on over the last decade or so, and will make you stronger and allow you to survive with your mental equilibrium intact when others are being "frustrating".

In real life, you would undoubtedly have considerable prescence simply by getting visibly annoyed, on the internet it is different. It's all mind games, and aggressiveness is a fatal weakness. You see that on the hedge, all the time. (That's why I used to go there, it was an immense learning experience on how to deal with annoying bast- well, you know what I mean... 

Being "nice and understanding of others" isn't a weakness, it's both a defense and also a weapon... 

It's also a lot more FUN. 

And never forget it's possible for you to have got the wrong end of the stick, either because someone used imprecise or difficult language or simply because you read what you expected not what was actually there. 

I had to tell someone several times a while back (on a different, mercifully vanished, thread) that I did not pay anything at all for my personal "wayseer" experience, not a single penny, yet still they didn't get what I was trying to say, and kept banging on about my "foolishness"!

I could have been rude, (Whoever it was, was being really "dense" and persistent about my supposed giving my money to the guy in question, and I'd already come to regret starting that particular thread without revisiting the website to check it out first.) but what would have been the point?

I'm sure the guy wasn't "shining me on", he just hadn't read one post properly, and consequently thought me to be a fool easily parted from his money. It can be a LOT of effort to shift that sort of idea, and if I'd really pushed the point home with brutally clear language, the other guy would experience feelings worse than my brief annoyance. This is an AUTISM forum, not fightclub, I can just let it slide...

When I fancy a challenge like that, I just go to a different forum and find myself a "Flat earther", they can be endless fun...

Children
  • In short, we are living in weird and unpleasant times, which has virtually everyone on edge, and this is a site full of people who are already aggravated, so yes, there are rules which have been carefully worked out to suit the greatest number and diversity of us Autists.

Most of those rules will work for you anyway, (unless you are opposed to "rules" as a concept) but this is the NAS's forum, they did the hard work and absorbed the expense of setting it up, so it's only right they get to set the rules. 

Life is already hard for us 'spergs, we have to have somewhere where people aren't deliberately setting out to annoy us.

"Discussion" is one thing, but when a posters politics are such that he or she advocates forcibly assaulting those who do not agree with their position, I.E. "vax refusers" in your case, that's not a discussion. It's more like what they call "hate speech" these days. To use a quaint american expression; "that dog simply won't hunt..."

"Discussions" take great skill, young Jedi, which is acquired by practice, not running away. Take a break by all means when this place annoys you, but don't cut yourself off from your kind, just because we don't want to have a "discussion about politics"

Life is hard enough.

And for what it's worth, although your politics clearly have issues, and your approach to forum interactions clearly could use a bit of polishing, I like something about you, and would miss your input.

Well, all but the bit where you offer to (try and) forcibly "vaccinate" the likes of me! (That was very a very annoying idea indeed!)