Is Autism 'a man's world'?

Please know that I'm not writing this to be deliberately inflammatory or provocative, or to have a go at anyone here, but I just feel so isolated as an Autistic woman. Most other Autistic people I've engaged with are men, and seem to have quite a different presentation and outlook on life to me. They are often very blunt, whereas I'm not. When I get emotional, they don't seem to understand - I've been accused of 'emotionally exploding', for example, simply for expressing that I felt uncomfortable with a conversation. It's more than that, though, to be honest I'm finding it quite hard to explain in logical terms...I just don't feel I fit in in the Autism world or the neurotypical world, and I'm wondering if this is because I'm female. Does anyone else feel this way?

• doesnt all great thinkers have strange ideas? .... one wouldnt be a deep thinker at all if ones ideas were not strange.... if your ideas were not strange they would be cookie cutter and same as everyone elses. not only that my ideas are rather fluid rather than set which makes it hard for people to understand me or even keep up. but then again i suppose you also find it strange that a persons ideas can change based on information they receive for youd be the type to be a brick wall i guess and closed to reasoning or thought or acceptance that some other info is more valid than the one you previously had in your head. of which is why you cant understand even my stance that seems to be one of conceding ground before hand by my saying my ideas are that which have little outside life experience which puts me on a fluid stance of thought and conversation of which you dont even seem to understand is advantageous in fluidity and thought. i am the think tank, where as you are more the saved and locked hardrive database that cannot be tampered with.

and yet again you still havent really said why anything i have said is flawed.... it is basic pshycology and how the mind works.... but perhaps if your female you wont understand the mind of a man and this is indeed mainly about the psychology of a mans mind and our social position that otherwise doesnt allow for any displays of emotion at all, of which if a man is to display emotion generally theyd be ripped apart by society, of which is contrary to a woman i guess in which a woman is protected in society and thus any display of emotion gets them more care and attention. infact when i think on it, everytime i have ever shown any signs that i even may apear to be crying, i have always been mocked for it personally... even when i wasnt crying.... even when you get slightly wet eyes due to the winter wind outside that looks like your eyes are teary i got mocked for that one time and laughed at by some prat who claimed i was crying hen i wasnt. the mans world is different and more uncaring to the womans world.

• Yet more strange ideas with no link to the real world. As you've admitted, you have no idea, so calling people "fake" is simply insulting, because you've nothing better to aim at them. 

And you're not seriously calling yourself a great thinker or philosopher, are you!?? As I said, very strange ideas. 

I'll leave you with your delusions of grandeur and will remove notifications for this thread. It's become too ridiculous.

(I can see why you have at least one fan here, you both have the same high opinions of yourselves! Lol!). 

• Alison ,,,

just to let you know u are most welcome in this forum :)

• Marcus Aurelis rules ok

• (Males...) don't compete socially like females do. Astonished

• Males tend to mentor each other. They can compete for work, but don't compete socially like Females do. Women will ghost or excommunicate other women, younger females will throw their elders under a bus for a male. Here is one complication: Exclusion and Inclusion.  Males don't typically play this game. Women need to be taught how to fight for each other. One way to view this in society is with a reality show like the Bachelor (which I personally detest). Whereas, I find the Bachelorette normal behaviour. The other is a type of misogynistic-based Competition which I find gross. 

Females can receive input from society constantly telling them how to behave to be 'attractive'. In the Stone Age of 1950, males would come home from their hard days work and just want something cuddly and soft to make them "happy". A woman who doesn't need to worry about money, who can afford to make her surroundings as aesthetic as she likes, who can buy the same outfits to suit her male partners fantasy life, who can delete 'negative' friends and hire young strapping males to clean her pool is set up to be this depiction of 'attraction'. 

If you didn't start with wealth or a wise, healthy glorious matriarch guiding skilfully guiding your upbringing, and you also lack the social receptors to be encoded with how to engage in the fantasy games NTs suffer through, chances are you'll feel isolated and frustrated. It is still a bit of a man's world, and to sift through all the b.s. that goes with that (women competing for men is created by males to suit their egos), takes nothing short of a LOAD of psychological work.

I've often referred individuals of all sexes to The Artists Way as a start.

One also needs to begin to excavate everything they think they've been taught, then go to the source and discover what the rules actually are. For instance, the Dao of Pooh is complete dribble. In-depth with ancient religions can teach anyone that it is very easy to assert ones ego into any teaching. What else can I get from it. People appear to desire to be fawned.

This silly notion of Emotion Vs. Logic is also nonsense. Logic is the formula all humans utilise to conclude a summary, the consequence of is a resulting emotion. This formula of Logic can be disciplined. Our Psyche will use How we Perceive a thing to base a logical formula from. 2 things are important here: What are my perceptions of elements, humans, life, etc. in the world around me and is there something I can't see.

The other is that Emotions can be made better or worse, more or less intense let's say, by dietary factors, lifestyle and nutrition. Lights affect hormones, affecting our circadian rhythm, affecting our emotions. A lack of vitamins or a tumour even can affect the penal gland or the thyroid affecting serotonin, dopamine, or norepinephrine, which affect our state of being. Biologically, women need more iron, B12 and other vitamins/minerals than men. 

What you are experiencing is real. Learning to invest in friendships is not always innate. Learning to be responsible with and toward one-2 good friends is something worth hunting down. Finding an older, wiser woman as a mentor is not typical in society and well worth the find! 

• If you can explain what Logic actually is, then perhaps I'll engage with this silly little response. I'll help.

1. Express what you just said in Symbolic Logic.

2. Explain Nature Vs. Nurture and tell us how that turned into Logic Vs. Emotion. 

I'll go pop the popcorn my dear.

• or im just a normal honest person who had enough time to think on actions and why we are the way we are naturally. ofcourse most of my findings may not be too real worldy as i dont have much of a life, so most of them based on school age kids.... do you think a school boy in high school wants to be seen breaking down crying in school? what do you think that would do to his reputation? it would cause more bullying and mockery yes? 

now it may not be as applicable outside in the real world, because adults then perhaps learn to use fake crying to get their way at the stage of adult and dont care no longer for their image or reputation and crying thus gets them sympathy votes and anything they want and thus as a adult perhaps it is better to break down crying because you then instead get love and effection and whatever you wanted on a silver plate. but yeah for those that never truly got on in life their mind would still be like mine.... or perhaps for any man that has any form of pride or dignity too they wouldnt want to be seen breaking down crying. but then again you can say its outdated as people have taken and misappropriated pride to be meaningless now and so theres now no meaning behind the word pride because those who actually have shame in who they are have overly used it in false manner and thus killed the meaning. but generally its a physcological thing and the way the mind works can never be outdated. a crying man will always be seen as lesser by society, both now, in the past, and even in the future. another word for that would be pathetic, when you see something crying, thats pathetic, by the very definition.

also stoicism is kinda coming back, with how bad and depressing the world is getting, stoic ideas are coming back full force, and that is probably one part of this old fashioned mindset, all mindsets are old fashioned, the human mind has worked the same way since the dawn of humanity and only great thinkers and philosophers ever put names and ideas to these things.

• And how do you differentiate between what someone actually believes, and what they want you to think they believe? You can't mind read, honestly, you can't. You have no idea what someone else is thinking or feeling. So what makes you qualified to decide whether they really think what they say they think, or not? I guess one has to kowtow to your beliefs, or to any other crackpot, coming from left field, idea or belief, to be consider "genuine". Anyone that has more "real life" views, rather than "the whole world is against us. It's all a plot" view, is wrong and is simply either "trotting out other people's views", "following the herd" or "being led by the media".That's an awfully affected and self-aggrandizing way of thinking. 

• as showing any emotion to a man is weak and soft, unless its anger, thats totally ok and cool so long as it doesnt skew your logic and bork your argument then its uncool. emotionally males have to appear to be more stoic. but we do feel lotta emotion and do flip and throw things and go out of control, just we do that unseen out of sight from others. alpha wolf that shows weakness of any kind will be ripped to shreds by the betas who all want to get ahead of him and be the new alpha

No, strange and outdated thus. Amongst other things, as all your posts indicate. You're living in the 1950's.

• By "get annoyed with the gender politics" I mean I've had enough of subjects like the toilet debate because the answer is simple and has nothing to do with gender but how public bathroom are designed.   

• You will call me out if I write something hurtful or negatively, i know in the past i have been quite horrid to parents on this site because of my own issues.

• no not really.

i am dyslexic and i can read things wrong so maybe that happened for her.

• Can you explain what I did to upset Allison ? 

• dont leave Alison Disappointed  i think u misunderstood

• Why ? Did i explain it wrong and in a bad way ?

• I'll shut up then. Goodbye.

• Honestly I am starting to get annoyed with the gender politics, especially around gendered specific autism. Its been found that women don't have a more feminine profile of autism and what was believed to be female specific autism is just another presentation that can occur in both men and women but happens to be more appear in more women. 

I understand where your coming from too but I am male and have similar issues to what you have written. Their is significant more female representation in adults then their is currently men. I feel that I am on the on the edge between functional and non functional and don't fit it to the typical autism stereo type either sometimes because i am male and mask and camouflage my autism traits but i also happen to have ADHD as well and that sometimes that comorbidity makes my experiences extremely different to others on the autism spectrum.  

There are Youtubers Like Yo samdy sam & Purple Ella who have are both female but represent two very different experiences of having autism. Yo samdy sam is the more gifted and talented with a what was known as the feminine profile of autism and Purple ella who I find more relatable too because she is a Nuero divergent queen with both Autism, ADHD and other additional issues.

What i am getting at is there are small groups of sub types of people on the spectrum who will be similar but not exactly the same and you have to hunt them down and find them. I know it not that easy but they are out their and can find them if you want to but once you do you basically gained amazing friend or friends for life. Not all autistic people are them same. This forum is great example of this as there are hundred of different sub types of autistic individual that use this forum.