Is Autism 'a man's world'?

Please know that I'm not writing this to be deliberately inflammatory or provocative, or to have a go at anyone here, but I just feel so isolated as an Autistic woman. Most other Autistic people I've engaged with are men, and seem to have quite a different presentation and outlook on life to me. They are often very blunt, whereas I'm not. When I get emotional, they don't seem to understand - I've been accused of 'emotionally exploding', for example, simply for expressing that I felt uncomfortable with a conversation. It's more than that, though, to be honest I'm finding it quite hard to explain in logical terms...I just don't feel I fit in in the Autism world or the neurotypical world, and I'm wondering if this is because I'm female. Does anyone else feel this way?

Parents
  • I'm an autistic male and you could almost be describing me there! Apart from the bluntness - I'm guilty of that and I'm trying to improve.

As far as emotions I feel a hell of a lot, too much if anything.

• I'm an autistic male and you could almost be describing me there! Apart from the bluntness - I'm guilty of that and I'm trying to improve.

As far as emotions I feel a hell of a lot, too much if anything.

Children
No Data