Is Autism 'a man's world'?

Please know that I'm not writing this to be deliberately inflammatory or provocative, or to have a go at anyone here, but I just feel so isolated as an Autistic woman. Most other Autistic people I've engaged with are men, and seem to have quite a different presentation and outlook on life to me. They are often very blunt, whereas I'm not. When I get emotional, they don't seem to understand - I've been accused of 'emotionally exploding', for example, simply for expressing that I felt uncomfortable with a conversation. It's more than that, though, to be honest I'm finding it quite hard to explain in logical terms...I just don't feel I fit in in the Autism world or the neurotypical world, and I'm wondering if this is because I'm female. Does anyone else feel this way?

Parents
  • The world is a man's world tbh...They've always been in charge Persevere It's tiring...

• I think we should hand over control to the women, can't be any worse than this surely Slight smile

• I think we should hand over control to the women

Absolutely not.

I'm only interested in a person's competence and ability to do a job - just handing things to people because of their gender is crazy.

• without using intent or force to harm anyone

this is one thing that needs to go from martial arts. the whole its peaceful thing was a total lie for the chinese traditional martial arts to get around government martial arts bans which obviously didnt work so they fled and kept in the lie in western countries for fear of government bans. martial arts is not peaceful and pacifist, you need to have intent or your head is not in the game and you will be hurt. without intent there is nothing, there is what we call cat pawing, and cat pawing will make you weak while the opponent will still hit through you with intent and win, your cat paws only giving them confidence that you are outmatched against them.

That is incorrect ~ being that I stated and hereafter restate with better 'italicised' wording and additional 'underlined' emphasis that "the wrathful force of externalising weakness is with discipline of practice balanced out by the peaceful and gentle power of internalising strength' ~ in order ‘that the practised moves piece together depending upon the movements of the individual opponent or opponents, who to whatever extent provide the force of their attack to be used against them."

the thing is we have to accept in martial arts that there is harm to it... that you have to harm your opponent... but the thing is, that doesnt matter for they attacked you anyway and so that is their fault for making you have to harm them. once it starts it starts and you have to be 200% all in beyond what you have because even with your training the other guy is probably bigger and stronger than you if hes picking a fight with you in the first place. unless hes drunk ofcourse lol and ofcourse if a martial arts teacher objects to this then hes training his students in a way which will get them harmed instead.... if he takes the pacifist approach of try not to ham your opponent, then you get harmed instead for your not giving it your all and your opponent then beats you up, and your opponent wont hold back, your opponent is likely a criminal and could do alot of harm to you. hell people can die of 1 single punch to the head so you cant risk training students in a way of no harm or holding back because what if your student doesnt understand the fight so much and acts as if he can hold back and be in control then takes a punch tp the head that ends his life? the teacher is then liable for what he taught that kid. so even as a legal perspective you need to teach to go all in for defence purposes for your own safety.... the safety of the attacker is not a issue as he is the attacker and thus he made that choice and the consequences are all on him for initiating the attack.

Martial arts are for the purpose of self or also social and societal defence, and thus one or more opponent’s attacks are used against them involving reasonable force ~ what with Yin being more peaceful and powerful and Yang being more wrathful and weak in terms of Karmic practice, and as such remembering that unreasonable force is excessive and therefore depleting ~ attacks will as such be balanced out as a return of that excessive force in an appropriately marshalled way, in order to bring about the obligatory peacefulness of righteous-harmonious living.

• without using intent or force to harm anyone

this is one thing that needs to go from martial arts. the whole its peaceful thing was a total lie for the chinese traditional martial arts to get around government martial arts bans which obviously didnt work so they fled and kept in the lie in western countries for fear of government bans. martial arts is not peaceful and pacifist, you need to have intent or your head is not in the game and you will be hurt. without intent there is nothing, there is what we call cat pawing, and cat pawing will make you weak while the opponent will still hit through you with intent and win, your cat paws only giving them confidence that you are outmatched against them.

the thing is we have to accept in martial arts that there is harm to it... that you have to harm your opponent... but the thing is, that doesnt matter for they attacked you anyway and so that is their fault for making you have to harm them. once it starts it starts and you have to be 200% all in beyond what you have because even with your training the other guy is probably bigger and stronger than you if hes picking a fight with you in the first place. unless hes drunk ofcourse lol and ofcourse if a martial arts teacher objects to this then hes training his students in a way which will get them harmed instead.... if he takes the pacifist approach of try not to ham your opponent, then you get harmed instead for your not giving it your all and your opponent then beats you up, and your opponent wont hold back, your opponent is likely a criminal and could do alot of harm to you. hell people can die of 1 single punch to the head so you cant risk training students in a way of no harm or holding back because what if your student doesnt understand the fight so much and acts as if he can hold back and be in control then takes a punch tp the head that ends his life? the teacher is then liable for what he taught that kid. so even as a legal perspective you need to teach to go all in for defence purposes for your own safety.... the safety of the attacker is not a issue as he is the attacker and thus he made that choice and the consequences are all on him for initiating the attack.

• aye, id give it to chinese shaolin kids.... they train them right... but why is that? that is because they train them very harshly 24/7 none stop to the point the west would call it child abuse, to the point that some of the stuff if done on a older person would cause injury due to body being too past the stage of flexibility and more towards the stage of breaking.

It is not so much that the various forms of martial arts involve training their new disciples very harshly ~ but more that the wrathful force of externalising weakness is with discipline of practice balanced out by the peaceful and gentle power of internalising strength.

as for any other karate black belt, yeah karate has a problem which makes it usually called a mcdojo in that they seem to pump out black belts and yet its not really up to any standard, which then gives us the situation of roid head adult MMA types that spend more time pumping iron in the gym challenging so called black belts who got a free black belt like they got it from a happy meal with no scrutiny and these MMA types usually pick and find them to slander all traditional martial arts. to me to be awarded black belt, you must be able to defend yourself from any threat, you must be a finished product.... a kid will never be a finished product.... infact the correct ideology is that you are never a finished product and that you can always improve, and thus really when thinking of it ideologically a person must never be given the top grade ever realistically. but anyone even coming close to the top grade, they need to demonstrate that they can skulpt their body to a form in which they can defend themselves or take combative action, this means fitness and skulpting your body to be fighting fit is a massive part of martial arts, and kids dont and cant have that as they are not developed bodily enough. its the one thing MMA types take advantage of to slander the traditional martial arts world. it can be fixed if we admitted kids cant be fully taught. hell even their moves in that kata had no intent, had no force or momentum as if they are not imaging their moves being enough to cause harm to a imaginary opponent infront of them.

The belts are not merely qualifications but indicators of what has been learnt and what can be referred to in the disciple's practice; thus a white belt is a novice as can be asked about the difficulty of taking on the disciplines ~ and eventually a black belt as indicates competence of the bodily forms, as can be a teacher up to black belt and eventually a master who demonstrates the competency of the mind involving the philosophy and wisdom and the compassion of love in their life and ways.

The whole point though of learning the forms without using intent or force to harm anyone ~ is that the moves piece together depending upon the movements of the individual opponent or opponents, who to whatever extent provide the force of their attack to be used against them.

but chinese do teach them right, as the chinese teach them full time fitness to make them fighting fit to the point it would be called child abuse in the west and wouldnt be allowed, not to mention they pretty much take the kid full time and have daily regime for them, meaning again the west allow that as we enforce a different lifestyle of which forces the kids by law into normal schools. so depends where from... from the west, kids martial arts are money making scams and even the belts they are not awards, they actually charge them for the belts and it gets higher with each grade lol total scam.

There are good and bad teachers out there and that is so no-matter what country they happen to come from ~ or what ethnicity they happen to be, and people can apply themselves through the grading systems or not if they so choose ~ whether that be more part-time or more full-time.

• But it is giving them focus, Caelus, and a healthy hobby. That's a noble endeavour, surely?

• aye, id give it to chinese shaolin kids.... they train them right... but why is that? that is because they train them very harshly 24/7 none stop to the point the west would call it child abuse, to the point that some of the stuff if done on a older person would cause injury due to body being too past the stage of flexibility and more towards the stage of breaking.

as for any other karate black belt, yeah karate has a problem which makes it usually called a mcdojo in that they seem to pump out black belts and yet its not really up to any standard, which then gives us the situation of roid head adult MMA types that spend more time pumping iron in the gym challenging so called black belts who got a free black belt like they got it from a happy meal with no scrutiny and these MMA types usually pick and find them to slander all traditional martial arts. to me to be awarded black belt, you must be able to defend yourself from any threat, you must be a finished product.... a kid will never be a finished product.... infact the correct ideology is that you are never a finished product and that you can always improve, and thus really when thinking of it ideologically a person must never be given the top grade ever realistically. but anyone even coming close to the top grade, they need to demonstrate that they can skulpt their body to a form in which they can defend themselves or take combative action, this means fitness and skulpting your body to be fighting fit is a massive part of martial arts, and kids dont and cant have that as they are not developed bodily enough. its the one thing MMA types take advantage of to slander the traditional martial arts world. it can be fixed if we admitted kids cant be fully taught. hell even their moves in that kata had no intent, had no force or momentum as if they are not imaging their moves being enough to cause harm to a imaginary opponent infront of them.

but chinese do teach them right, as the chinese teach them full time fitness to make them fighting fit to the point it would be called child abuse in the west and wouldnt be allowed, not to mention they pretty much take the kid full time and have daily regime for them, meaning again the west allow that as we enforce a different lifestyle of which forces the kids by law into normal schools. so depends where from... from the west, kids martial arts are money making scams and even the belts they are not awards, they actually charge them for the belts and it gets higher with each grade lol total scam.

• ah i dont see much income potential in martial arts unless you perhaps teach kids classes which by the way kids classes are all a scam, you cannot teach kids at all, all you can do is farm them for money, they dont have the ability to even move their hands correctly in the correct shapes and patterns no matter how much you show them and dont seem to have very good muscle memory.

Yet this demonstration is no scam:

And this video shows the type of correct form and muscle memory also possible:

• ah i dont see much income potential in martial arts unless you perhaps teach kids classes which by the way kids classes are all a scam, you cannot teach kids at all, all you can do is farm them for money, they dont have the ability to even move their hands correctly in the correct shapes and patterns no matter how much you show them and dont seem to have very good muscle memory. fitness is a over saturated market too. but i think if worse comes to worse i could possibly somehow maybe kinda make it like a last resort busking kinda thing out of either one of them perhaps.... like probably be a weird hobo that lives in a woodland who can teach you kung fu lmao

• Find your passion, Caelus. Something you love doing. And make that your destination. Maybe martial arts? Fitness? Then work out a career path (or volunteer path) for that journey.

• i learn more myself right now tbh doing whatever i do online gets me more knowledge than college or high school could ever could instill....although its probably a even tie with primary school as that was pretty good quality and they knew how to teach.

but yeah my knowledge is seen as worthless because it doesnt have a bureaucratic paper grade, despite being better knowledge than that of college can pass on to their bureaucratic paper signing "students"

• but you dont learn anything at all

Why did you do it if you weren't learning anything?      You seem to be complacent in your own life and not taking charge of it - you only get one go at life.  Smiley

• yeah i went to college one time but i dont consider it learning.... you just signed papers to say the tutor went through that section, and its just beaurocratic to sign papers to get your grade but you dont learn anything at all lol the education system is crap, it doesnt teach, its just beaurocracy. here sign these papers and we will give you a paper that you can use to brag and claim your smart, when you havent learned anything at all to get that paper and your no smarter than you was before you signed for that qualification. the entire system is a joke and no wonder society is going down hill and theres clueless people everywhere in places they shouldnt be.

• Yeah, but you're in your thirties now, Caelus. You've had years and years to put things right or restart your education. And you still have time to start. There are thousands of opportunities out in the world if you have a passion. You can't keep looking back on your secondary school experience and complaining.

• HS2 is not a necessary needed peice of  infrastructure

The idea is that it frees up the other tracks to separate the high-speed non-stop stuff from the slower stuff like local trains and freight to be able to tighten up the timetables - no need to leave huge holes for an express to burn up the tracks and clearing all the slower stuff out of its way.

The *should* benefit all the commuters and make space for more train density.

• I feel sorry for you - you're clearly very bright and it's a shame you had opportunities taken from you.

The only way to get on in places like that is to get out.   

It's annoying when parents don't help their children - mine were useless - I was just left to get on with it - I went to school with Vinnie Jones.    Some lovely kids there.  Smiley

• they pulled me down too lol the little shits! 
    i did very well in primary school and was very smart and gifted, i got high sats scores and then high school comes and the chavs dragged me down to the bottom and made school unbearable and impossible to learn there.

• no one could control public school classes full of unruly chavs

And that's exactly why they stay at the bottom - like a bucket of crabs pulling each other down.

• Nope - not true.    The whole point of places like Eton  (and Sandhurst) is to know people - to make connections with people who may be leaders of other countries some day -  know your enemy - and who is trustworthy and who is to be wary of.  And to learn a common set of values to be able to deal in business.    There's nothing stopping poor people joining in - ALL private schools offer grants and bursaries for the able students without the money.    But by being 'the right stuff' means you'll get tarred with the same 'posh boy' labels.    There's literally no pleasing the working class.

Local authorities do not under-fund schools - the problem is how the money is spent.    I was interviewed to be a school business manager for a large secondary school - I went to two interviews / tours - the waste is unbelievable and built-in to such an extent that a radical shake-up is required - but the unions make that impossible.    Same with the NHS - try doing any improvement projects - no chance.  

• yeah public schools are kinda crap....

you know in my school we had this maths teacher who didnt teach us anything at all... he just read his own book and told the class if another teacher comes in pretend your doing some work...

we did have a teacher from london once who tried to teach, he was very posh and strict, but our class was full of bad people and they all tossed thick text books at him, no one could control public school classes full of unruly chavs.. not even a posh london science teacher lol

• You realise that what is taught in a public school is a fraction of private school teach their students. they are taught how to get into position of power and how to manipulate the system to benefit them. Every eton graduate has purposely underfunded public schools to give them an edge.  

• Politic should not be viewed as a business. a lot of infrastructure was needed after the major wars. the infrastructure projects were destroyed or miss managed when the government change parties. a lot of the old labour infrastructure is being resurrected like tramlines in major cities.

HS2 is not a necessary needed peice of  infrastructure but a poorly managed and executed project that fails to take into account modernisation of technology in the near future and enables the wealthy to travel from london to Birmingham & Edinburgh which is going to have a negative effect on the cities' poorest. 

Our government when bailing out the majority of large business is halting progress of smaller more independent businesses being created and stalling the inevitable lining the pocket of the rich and not saving jobs.     

• Politic should not be viewed as a business. a lot of infrastructure was needed after the major wars. the infrastructure projects were destroyed or miss managed when the government change parties. a lot of the old labour infrastructure is being resurrected like tramlines in major cities.

HS2 is not a necessary needed peice of  infrastructure but a poorly managed and executed project that fails to take into account modernisation of technology in the near future and enables the wealthy to travel from london to Birmingham & Edinburgh which is going to have a negative effect on the cities' poorest. 

Our government when bailing out the majority of large business is halting progress of smaller more independent businesses being created and stalling the inevitable lining the pocket of the rich and not saving jobs.     

Children
  • HS2 is not a necessary needed peice of  infrastructure

The idea is that it frees up the other tracks to separate the high-speed non-stop stuff from the slower stuff like local trains and freight to be able to tighten up the timetables - no need to leave huge holes for an express to burn up the tracks and clearing all the slower stuff out of its way.

The *should* benefit all the commuters and make space for more train density.