My relationship crumbling before my eyes!

I haven’t felt comfortable at home for a while, but hoped that getting a diagnosis would help. It hasn’t. I’m not listened to, not taken seriously, everything I say gets contradicted. I think I have a gift for reading people and it’s hard to watch your partners mother manipulate and control her, and now ur child, without being able to say anything. Every time I speak up I’m just shut down and its put down to my mental health issues. 

Parents
  • i face a similar issue trying to communicate my differences only faced by contradictions and getting shut down. i tend to always give the benefit of the doubt "they don't understand, they can't relate" but its exhausting. i shouldn't be the one doing that but that's what we have to do in that situation is think these people only know there perspective and refuse to adjust the world a bit for a world that wasn't designed for us.

if your partners mother is manipulating your child you need to speak up. that is YOUR child and you've seen the consequences of that to your partner and clearly you have the sense to see its bad and you don't want that for your child. speak up for your child and if they shut you down walk away with your child then explain to your child what happened and why its wrong.

• i face a similar issue trying to communicate my differences only faced by contradictions and getting shut down. i tend to always give the benefit of the doubt "they don't understand, they can't relate" but its exhausting. i shouldn't be the one doing that but that's what we have to do in that situation is think these people only know there perspective and refuse to adjust the world a bit for a world that wasn't designed for us.

if your partners mother is manipulating your child you need to speak up. that is YOUR child and you've seen the consequences of that to your partner and clearly you have the sense to see its bad and you don't want that for your child. speak up for your child and if they shut you down walk away with your child then explain to your child what happened and why its wrong.

Children