How do you think about things?

I think associatively, deeply and incessantly about everything (when I say everything I meant everything related to the specific thing I like to think about. It was late when I wrote this :) . Its not that I think about knitting, swimming etc :) )  . I . If a topic is deep and meaningful then I feel immensely nourished by thinking about it. It does drain me though and I do it automatically. How do other people on here with official diagnoses of ASD think about things? I can stop thinking, its draining but I do enjoy it. I sometimes think that thinking is the only good thing there is to do in this life. 

• I analyse everything, it is very enjoyable.

Me too.     I love finding a new angle about things that I'm already knowledgable about - more and finer detail.

People fascinate me.     Group dynamics and behaviours - and the way people change to fit in with others - even if they know they shouldn't.        I worked in an office of about 30 blokes and the weaker minds began to mimic the more dominant ones - over a space of about 6 months.    Very interesting dynamics - and very repeatable and predictable.    Like doing a study on a group of primates.  Smiley

• I find that if your not careful it can get wasted on pointless rubbish so I try to keep my environment free from any noise so that that doesn't happen. If I don't think about the things I'm interested it I am constantly updating my web of intell about all the things that go on around me that I can't escape. I think thats useful for my well being. There are alot of dangers in the world so seeing them miles away is definitely an advantage. 

• I analyse everything, it is very enjoyable. I think that I need to understand reasons all the time and constantly ask: Why?  

Sometimes I find it difficult to slow my brain down and analyse things immediately once I have woken up.

• I really like that notion and I want to embody it.

Something - probably totally unjustly - has always felt disingenuous about me "staring at a wall for an hour" and then suddenly getting a reward - financial or otherwise...

Thanks. 

• I think if you find anything or hit on something you should not give it away for free if you can benefit from the fruit of your labours.

• Have you ever thought how you could exploit that tendency to think so much for your own benefit? What is your thinking style? Mine is extremely associative.

• I love either writing it, drawing or talking (sometime to a tape recorder!) - whichever.
    It helps to keep it in a cohesive line rather than the random (but not disjointed) fractal flow it can get to be, for me.

I love the whole process of elaborating ideas, I feel there is intrinsic value in just the doing of the thinking. Learning ones own way to hit the pause button or to somehow change the channel seems to be really important.

I have spent quite some time comparing elaborative thinking processes with 'pointless enumeration of known / immutable facts'.

I feel I ought to be sharing the 'results' - ie lots of Facebook / Instagram photos and text but I know it really is mostly for my own personal enjoyment, unless it could help someone else out somehow... (without hurting them...).

• Yes thinking deeply about topics is enjoyable for me too, and I spend lot of time "in my head" processing information. I never found it strange, until I started talking to others about what I was thinking about. Several people have told me to "stop thinking so much" as if thinking was a negative thing, as if too much thinking overwhelms them, but I think they should try to think more and open their minds more. I mean, I just think deeply as a default of mine, and I can't just magically stop thinking in order to appease those around me. Thinking is fun. There's just so many interesting topics to think about.