How do you think about things?

I think associatively, deeply and incessantly about everything (when I say everything I meant everything related to the specific thing I like to think about. It was late when I wrote this :) . Its not that I think about knitting, swimming etc :) )  . I . If a topic is deep and meaningful then I feel immensely nourished by thinking about it. It does drain me though and I do it automatically. How do other people on here with official diagnoses of ASD think about things? I can stop thinking, its draining but I do enjoy it. I sometimes think that thinking is the only good thing there is to do in this life. 

Parents
  • I analyse everything, it is very enjoyable. I think that I need to understand reasons all the time and constantly ask: Why?  

Sometimes I find it difficult to slow my brain down and analyse things immediately once I have woken up.

• I analyse everything, it is very enjoyable.

Me too.     I love finding a new angle about things that I'm already knowledgable about - more and finer detail.

People fascinate me.     Group dynamics and behaviours - and the way people change to fit in with others - even if they know they shouldn't.        I worked in an office of about 30 blokes and the weaker minds began to mimic the more dominant ones - over a space of about 6 months.    Very interesting dynamics - and very repeatable and predictable.    Like doing a study on a group of primates.  Smiley

• I always analysed whenever I was younger, and ended up getting nowhere. Nothing I did was ever good enough. I was thrown to the lions in a Government Job in 2004; while suffering from Depression and not taking care of myself.

Nowadays, I utilise.

• Morals are a very personal thing - another interesting channel of discussion.

Being an aspie, I was programmed very strongly with right and wrong - but as I grew up, I realised my right and wrong are not necessarily the same as anyone else's.

• You're interacting now... rent free maybe - or not...

Pre-'awareness' I had this brief notion that it was absolutely fine to run phone (text) scams or basically any scam whatsoever on people because they if they were daft enough to fall for it then they didn't deserve to have any money... 

Obviously extremely morally questionable (and I hasten to add I never acted on that notion) but: I have been unaware up until very very recently (and, who knows, perhaps I still am...)

• Smiley

good point - but I didn't interact with them - I was like an invisible alien to them,      Think of it as the beginning scenes of "2001" when the monkeys found the obelisk - fascinating to watch from the distance.

• Watching sport on TV is a relatively passive activity - IE you are not singularly affecting the outcome by watching it.

Presenting observational analysis to the observee is you directly engaging with the programme and thus modifying the results. (Ref. Heisenberg uncertainty principle etc).

?

• Watching sport on TV is a relatively passive activity - IE you are not singularly affecting the outcome by watching it.

Presenting observational analysis to the observee is you directly engaging with the programme and thus modifying the results. (Ref. Heisenberg uncertainty principle etc).

?

Children
  • Morals are a very personal thing - another interesting channel of discussion.

Being an aspie, I was programmed very strongly with right and wrong - but as I grew up, I realised my right and wrong are not necessarily the same as anyone else's.

• You're interacting now... rent free maybe - or not...

Pre-'awareness' I had this brief notion that it was absolutely fine to run phone (text) scams or basically any scam whatsoever on people because they if they were daft enough to fall for it then they didn't deserve to have any money... 

Obviously extremely morally questionable (and I hasten to add I never acted on that notion) but: I have been unaware up until very very recently (and, who knows, perhaps I still am...)

• Smiley

good point - but I didn't interact with them - I was like an invisible alien to them,      Think of it as the beginning scenes of "2001" when the monkeys found the obelisk - fascinating to watch from the distance.