How do you think about things?

I think associatively, deeply and incessantly about everything (when I say everything I meant everything related to the specific thing I like to think about. It was late when I wrote this :) . Its not that I think about knitting, swimming etc :) )  . I . If a topic is deep and meaningful then I feel immensely nourished by thinking about it. It does drain me though and I do it automatically. How do other people on here with official diagnoses of ASD think about things? I can stop thinking, its draining but I do enjoy it. I sometimes think that thinking is the only good thing there is to do in this life. 

Parents
  • I analyse everything, it is very enjoyable. I think that I need to understand reasons all the time and constantly ask: Why?  

Sometimes I find it difficult to slow my brain down and analyse things immediately once I have woken up.

• I analyse everything, it is very enjoyable.

Me too.     I love finding a new angle about things that I'm already knowledgable about - more and finer detail.

People fascinate me.     Group dynamics and behaviours - and the way people change to fit in with others - even if they know they shouldn't.        I worked in an office of about 30 blokes and the weaker minds began to mimic the more dominant ones - over a space of about 6 months.    Very interesting dynamics - and very repeatable and predictable.    Like doing a study on a group of primates.  Smiley

• I always analysed whenever I was younger, and ended up getting nowhere. Nothing I did was ever good enough. I was thrown to the lions in a Government Job in 2004; while suffering from Depression and not taking care of myself.

Nowadays, I utilise.

• Morals are a very personal thing - another interesting channel of discussion.

Being an aspie, I was programmed very strongly with right and wrong - but as I grew up, I realised my right and wrong are not necessarily the same as anyone else's.

• Morals are a very personal thing - another interesting channel of discussion.

Being an aspie, I was programmed very strongly with right and wrong - but as I grew up, I realised my right and wrong are not necessarily the same as anyone else's.

Children
No Data