How do people with ASD view God ?

How do people with ASD view God and their connection to god if any.

Parents
  • I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I believe in God the Father, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Ghost spoken of in the Bible and The Book of Mormon.

I don’t believe the universe came to be what it is by accident, everything seen in the universe seems to have some organisation to it, just like our solar system is organised and in order. I believe all organised things have something or someone that organised it, it didn’t organise itself.

As I keep the promises I made when baptised more blessings I receive.

• but why thinking that someone/something organising it that way is sentient?

it is what it is

it serves it's purpose well

let it continue to do so

even if you claim to be allknowing and allmighty, there was a loooong line of those in human history

you won't become like that

so you won't be aware of all connections,

and you might break it by just attempting to fiddle with it

just like our build in inhibitions, don't fiddle with those

• I’ll share with you an unsolved mystery, there’s no scientific explanation of how Joseph Smith produced The Book of Mormon.

Joseph Smith had less than three years education, had no internet, worked on a farm most of his life, couldn’t understand a coherent letter.

Everyone in Joseph Smith’s time knew Joseph couldn’t of produced the book himself so they began searching for an origin he may of gotten the ideas from with a few theories being “The Late War,” “The Napoleon!” and “View of the Hebrews”. How could a young man with so little education produce a 588 page book in less than 75 working days, no plans, one draft, complexity, all aligned just as any other story book?

There’s witnesses to it all. Why would an entire society persecute a 14 year old boy just for saying “I had a vision,” why would they even take him seriously when we expect teenagers to be at mischief at that stage in life?  

The time Joseph founded The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1830, if he tried anytime before or after the church wouldn’t of survived, like so many others who founded churches it would of shut down, in 1830 they were as little as 6 members Joseph himself included.

Anyway, I confess there is no evidence of God’s existence for if there was, religious people would not require faith. One of my favourite things about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is it believes it is unjust to allow religious influences to mingle with society, promotes agency and that religion should not interfere with the ways of society. Even though Christianity opposes gay marriage, in 2014 members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints supported gay people and voted the government should allow gay people the civil rights to marriage as they did not allow Christianity to mingle with society and promoted agency.

• I’ll share with you an unsolved mystery, there’s no scientific explanation of how Joseph Smith produced The Book of Mormon.

Joseph Smith had less than three years education, had no internet, worked on a farm most of his life, couldn’t understand a coherent letter.

Everyone in Joseph Smith’s time knew Joseph couldn’t of produced the book himself so they began searching for an origin he may of gotten the ideas from with a few theories being “The Late War,” “The Napoleon!” and “View of the Hebrews”. How could a young man with so little education produce a 588 page book in less than 75 working days, no plans, one draft, complexity, all aligned just as any other story book?

There’s witnesses to it all. Why would an entire society persecute a 14 year old boy just for saying “I had a vision,” why would they even take him seriously when we expect teenagers to be at mischief at that stage in life?  

The time Joseph founded The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1830, if he tried anytime before or after the church wouldn’t of survived, like so many others who founded churches it would of shut down, in 1830 they were as little as 6 members Joseph himself included.

Anyway, I confess there is no evidence of God’s existence for if there was, religious people would not require faith. One of my favourite things about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is it believes it is unjust to allow religious influences to mingle with society, promotes agency and that religion should not interfere with the ways of society. Even though Christianity opposes gay marriage, in 2014 members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints supported gay people and voted the government should allow gay people the civil rights to marriage as they did not allow Christianity to mingle with society and promoted agency.

Children
  • Hi Daniel, I wasn't claiming anything about Joseph Smith- it isn't a topic I've researched in any depth. I was just pointing out the tenuous nature of your statement that there is no scientific explanation for how he came to write the book of mormon. Nothing else you've said supports that very broad claim, because to say that there is no scientific explanation is to imply that you know and have disproved all conceivable scientific explanations.

• If you actually dig down into the history back in Joseph’s day you’ll find witnesses who were against Joseph Smith that he didn’t copy from books, was staring in a hat, after David Whitmer left The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints he never denied The Book of Mormon that there’s a testimony of it on his deathbed.

When all what people bring up is compared with what people who knew Joseph, whether they were with or against him refutes all you’ve claimed. If someone helped him produce it why did he need scribes and was looking through a stone in a hat? He educated himself, he did not have the resources to do so, he was often “money-digging,” if he educated himself he would of been able to read a coherent letter. The society rejected Joseph Smith when about 14 before he produced the book, no self help society would accept him.

If you want to get to the history and see what witnesses both for and against Joseph’s claims you’ll find your ideas refuted, I would recommend either “SaintsUnscripted” or “Book of Mormon Central.”

• I agree i usually say in case like that, not enough data

if data gives few outputs, but no way to decide which  i say dilema require more data

'there's no explanation, therefore x' is a fallacy

is a question from group with plenty similar ones on IQ tests like

1. None of the stamp collectors is an architect.
    2. All the drones are stamp collectors

you forgot one explanation

someone/somegroup conned him into doing it, so he he sweara and believes it 100% and he indeed is innocent in this

that is popular church's apporoach to a case of producing miracles

• Regardless of what people believe, I would encourage critical thinking on this topic (and all others). To say that there's no scientific explanation for how Joseph Smith wrote a book is a big claim. Let me give a few: someone helped him write it, he educated himself, he had interaction with a self help society. There are many others.

I'd also point out that to say: 'there's no explanation, therefore x' is a fallacy- an appeal to ignorance. If there's no explanation for something, the only thing we can reasonably conclude is that we have no explanation.

• it is unjust to allow religious influences to mingle with society, promotes agency and that religion should not interfere with the ways of society

me too, to the core, it should remain personal

about that writing the book, that's not the only time something like it happened in human history

we have plenty madman hearing voices claiming to be god's voice becoming prophets 

i am not saying each of them was actually madman or that Joseph Smith was one, only that that;s usual style how they are being depicted in history,

myself I would like to meet each of them, could be interested conversation

they rarely tough transfer it into written form

I wrote an essay once about it, for which I would end up burnesd like they used burn witches if the church sniffed it out

there is a beautiful opera about that phenomena called silent night or something like it in german

https://open.spotify.com/track/1k82bzEjGy47GX0EbVPseH?si=ec886621294145dc&nd=1

I melt into oblivion every time I listen to it Smiley