How do people with ASD view God ?

How do people with ASD view God and their connection to god if any.

Parents
  • I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I believe in God the Father, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Ghost spoken of in the Bible and The Book of Mormon.

I don’t believe the universe came to be what it is by accident, everything seen in the universe seems to have some organisation to it, just like our solar system is organised and in order. I believe all organised things have something or someone that organised it, it didn’t organise itself.

As I keep the promises I made when baptised more blessings I receive.

• but why thinking that someone/something organising it that way is sentient?

it is what it is

it serves it's purpose well

let it continue to do so

even if you claim to be allknowing and allmighty, there was a loooong line of those in human history

you won't become like that

so you won't be aware of all connections,

and you might break it by just attempting to fiddle with it

just like our build in inhibitions, don't fiddle with those

• I’ll share with you an unsolved mystery, there’s no scientific explanation of how Joseph Smith produced The Book of Mormon.

Joseph Smith had less than three years education, had no internet, worked on a farm most of his life, couldn’t understand a coherent letter.

Everyone in Joseph Smith’s time knew Joseph couldn’t of produced the book himself so they began searching for an origin he may of gotten the ideas from with a few theories being “The Late War,” “The Napoleon!” and “View of the Hebrews”. How could a young man with so little education produce a 588 page book in less than 75 working days, no plans, one draft, complexity, all aligned just as any other story book?

There’s witnesses to it all. Why would an entire society persecute a 14 year old boy just for saying “I had a vision,” why would they even take him seriously when we expect teenagers to be at mischief at that stage in life?  

The time Joseph founded The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1830, if he tried anytime before or after the church wouldn’t of survived, like so many others who founded churches it would of shut down, in 1830 they were as little as 6 members Joseph himself included.

Anyway, I confess there is no evidence of God’s existence for if there was, religious people would not require faith. One of my favourite things about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is it believes it is unjust to allow religious influences to mingle with society, promotes agency and that religion should not interfere with the ways of society. Even though Christianity opposes gay marriage, in 2014 members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints supported gay people and voted the government should allow gay people the civil rights to marriage as they did not allow Christianity to mingle with society and promoted agency.

• Hi Daniel, I wasn't claiming anything about Joseph Smith- it isn't a topic I've researched in any depth. I was just pointing out the tenuous nature of your statement that there is no scientific explanation for how he came to write the book of mormon. Nothing else you've said supports that very broad claim, because to say that there is no scientific explanation is to imply that you know and have disproved all conceivable scientific explanations.

• Hi Daniel, I wasn't claiming anything about Joseph Smith- it isn't a topic I've researched in any depth. I was just pointing out the tenuous nature of your statement that there is no scientific explanation for how he came to write the book of mormon. Nothing else you've said supports that very broad claim, because to say that there is no scientific explanation is to imply that you know and have disproved all conceivable scientific explanations.

Children
No Data