Help please

Hi, I’ve just got my diagnosis and I’m a 22 year old female. Supposedly it’s been obvious from when I was young but I’m only just getting the diagnosis now. I guess I’m just looking for advice. I feel weird and different and I don’t know what help I need or where to get it so what helped you guys get through it? I find it hard to work and still have a normal life at home without massive melt downs and my days off are basically just sensory overload attacks over and over again. 
please any advice would be amazing, I feel like I’m going through it all alone even though I have so many people around me. 
thank you

Parents
  • when my proper written diagnosis is through I think I’ll go straight to my doctors as they’ll surely know the support groups etc in my area and any next steps! I am working, just started working in LIDL. A lot of my sensory overload attacks are in supermarkets however Lidl don’t play music (if they do it’s quiet) and the lights aren’t as intense. However there is a lot of beeping / humming noises in the warehouse and the sound can be way too much. However I don’t find it too bad when I’m there it’s when I’m home I struggle because it’s exhausted me without me even noticing :( 

I would love to work from home but that would be a long way away for me I guess. My sensory issues can start with sound lights or clothing and touch but generally it’s the sound that is way too much for me. 
    One day I want to go back to uni however I don’t even know what I want to do yet, something along the lines of counselling interests me however sociology also is very infatuating to me, the way humans work interests me haha 

• lidl is really tough work so you are doing really well, seriously.

try earplugs even just one ear to try to reduce noise getting into your head.

u being exhausted every day is not surprising. .

U could have a relaxation (20-30mins ) as soon as u get home. U would lie down and listen to a guided mediation on relaxation from youtube. This might help . It takes a while before u see any effects.

I am into mindfulness ( as I work ) and sitting zen meditations once a day to control my daily shutdowns. And it has worked.

I would suggest Yoga, most women(NT and ASD) seem to get a lot out of it ( Yoga is  a moving meditation linked to mindfulness)

• Thank you! 
    I very much need busy work, when I worked in an office it was extremely tedious and way too boring for me it was impossible to focus but with something to do all the time I find it easier during the work day! I will definitely try the relaxation time as soon as I get in, if anything it’ll at least give me time to see how exhausted I am and see whether this working environment is suitable for me (and hopefully it helps enough to keep me in work)

I will have to speak to my boss as well to see if earphones or maybe even tinted glasses could be of use and work appropriate and just explain my issues 

I’ll try yoga, I need a new hobby to get into so it’s worth a try

thank you for the advice I can’t explain how comforting it is and how much I appreciate it! 

• Thank you! 
    I very much need busy work, when I worked in an office it was extremely tedious and way too boring for me it was impossible to focus but with something to do all the time I find it easier during the work day! I will definitely try the relaxation time as soon as I get in, if anything it’ll at least give me time to see how exhausted I am and see whether this working environment is suitable for me (and hopefully it helps enough to keep me in work)

I will have to speak to my boss as well to see if earphones or maybe even tinted glasses could be of use and work appropriate and just explain my issues 

I’ll try yoga, I need a new hobby to get into so it’s worth a try

thank you for the advice I can’t explain how comforting it is and how much I appreciate it! 

Children